DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (attn: Ursana)

Arette

Whistling a bawdy tune that would have made Master Gill, the innkeeper, frown had he heard Sahra swayed her lips a bit exaggeratedly as she made her way to a table filled with a merry band of Tower Guards. She balanced the tray full of pints with experience as she placed the drinks on the table. In hopes of better tip she batted her eyelashes at the men and offered her round bum to be patted. There wasn't unfortunately time for more than a quick exchange of words since other customers demanded her attention. She had time to notice a party entering the inn: three Trainees, a woman and a man who seemed to have a thing for each others and another man, a very pleasent looking fellow. Sahra had seen him in the inn before and definately given him the eye. Maybe she could have her break now and join them for a moment. The poor guy seemed quite the third wheel.

Only maybe she should start restricting her behaviour. It was only few weeks to Sahra's sixteenth birthday and then she would finally be old enough to become a Tower Guard Trainee herself. She wanted to be taken seriously and if all these people would remember her as a light-tongued barwench, it might take a while to gain their respect. But then she had never shied away from a challenge and you had to have some fun in your life too. She was only fifteen after all and Light knew that she would have to be sober and serious for the next few years. Tonight she would sieze the moment. She notified Susa that she was keeping her short break now and as she filled a single pint, the other young woman grinned at her knowingly.

Carrying her offering, Sahra approached the table of the three Trainees. The three were talking but it seemed like the pair would appreciate her keeping the company for their mate. But would he appreciate it? It would be a bit embarrassing if she was turned down but the only thing she would loose was a little face and she might make an interesting acquintance. She placed the pint on the table before him making sure that she bent for long enough moment that he could admire her bosom and smiled down on him as she straigtened. "This one is on me. Mind if I sit with you for a while and rest my legs?" After his nod and response smile Sahra took a seat. A small sigh of pleasure escaped her as she got her weight off her feet and she began to roll her ankles and stretch her legs while focusing on him.

"I'm Sahra and I know that this sounds really lame, but I have noticed you here before." She grinned. "I really like talking with Tower Guards and Trainees since I find what you do so interesting. And of course the people behind the position too. I would love to hear about you. A name might be a good start." She winked at him.

Sahra Covenry

A Barmaid and Trainee Wanna-be

"This one is on me. Mind if I sit with you for a while and rest my legs?"

"I'm Sahra and I know that this sounds really lame, but I have noticed you here before. I really like talking with Tower Guards and Trainees since I find what you do so interesting. And of course the people behind the position too. I would love to hear about you. A name might be a good start."

Sana looked up from the table as a mug was set in front of him. He'd come in with some friends and while they had negeliected to tell him they would be remaining happily ensconced in each other for the majority of the night, he was trying to have a good time and let them do their own thing. It was rather hard to do that with them sitting so close to the others, but he was doing his best.

At least he was having trouble until the mug showed up. With the young woman behind it. He smiled as she took a seat next to him and started talking. He could barely take in what she was saying, she was speaking too fast, but when she stopped he gave her a light laugh.

"Well, my name is Sana." He said with a smile. "And how should I address such a beautiful creature as yourself?"

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

PSW.gif

Sahra liked his laughter and his voice and he was a pleasure to the eyes too. But that she had taken a note of before. Sana, hmmm? A nice name but she couldn't place it. Maybe he was one of the native Tar Valoners, the city was so cosmopolitan that one's parents could be of any descent really. She smiled pleased at the compliment of her looks but it was a bit strange that he hadn't picked up her name. Perhaps his memory for names was just poor.

"Please call me just Sahra." She made sure to pronounce it clearly this time without stressing it too much. She didn't want to embarrass him after all. "And do tell me something of yourself , Sana. You're a Tower Trainee, no? How did you end up joining?"

OOC: Sorry that it's really lame and short. I just wanted to post a reply. I hope that we can do Skype RPing soon :) That's the best for dialogue.

Sana smiled at the young woman. He was beginning to like this place more and more. He laughed at her question though. "I'm a trainee. We're that easy to spot, aren't we?" He said with an easy grin. "And how I joined up, well, that would be a different matter." He took a long drink, thinking he'd much rather NOT think about that. In the end the short story was the easiest to deal with.

"My sister is a Tower Guard." He said. "When my family came to visit, I decided to stick around and I never found a reason to leave." He smiled again at her. "Maybe I was just looking for a really good reason to stay."

Ursana Tahn Sakhr, trainee

PSW.gif

Grinning at Sana's comment about Trainees being easy to spot out, Sahra gave him a long glance as he gulped his drink. She had developed a somewhat keen eye for customers and what they liked and didn't and the topic of his enlistment didn't seem to be his favourite. Trouble with family or trouble with sister? But it was none of her business really and they were far too fresh acquaintances for her to start prying. His last comment got him rewarded with a warm smile and she shifted her position until she sat a bit too close to him. They weren't touching but she could definately feel his body heat.

Tilting her head her vivid green eyes met his gray blue ones. "Maybe. If you haven't found your reason yet, you must have been to wrong places or then not have been quite so aware in where you usually go to." Which could mean this place. "I do hope that your eyes are wide open tonight. So. Beside being good with your... sword, are you also light on feet? I could maybe dance a bit." Dancing was the perfect excuse for men and women to get to touch each others and Sahra wasn't one to miss an opportunity.

Ursana gave a light laugh at her words. He liked her already. Not that she was so forward, just that she seemed to laid back and just taking it all in. That was the sort of person Sana prefered. He'd known his fair share of people that took a lot of work and it wasn't always a put off, but when you just came out with your friends it was nice to find someone who didn't need to be 'work' and just wanted to have fun.

"Light on my feet?" He laughed. "Why, my dear Lady Sahra, I'll have you know that I am well known across the lands as being the lightest dancer this side of the Spine." He winked then. "And it looks like they've just given me reason to prove it." He said as the music that had been playing stopped and a new one was about to begin. "Shall we?" He asked.

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

PSW.gif

Sahra laughed with him. "Put your money where your mouth is, my dear Lord of the Night." She took his hand and lead him to the small space between tables reserved for dancing. The gleeman was conjuring the sultry and physical Saldaean rhytms with his fiddle. Even though he wasn't superior in his trade, the music was such that you couldn't hear the beat without feeling the itch to dance it in your feet. Or that was the effect on Sahra at least.

They assumed the dancing position with their hips touching and his hand around her waist and hers on his shoulder and the other arms stretched straight and hands holding each others. They stared challengingly at each others like was the nature of the dance and began to step slowly. Sahra loved the Saldaean dances because of the extreme hip movement and the close embraced connection between partners. They didn't exchange any words but still the tension was palpable between them as they thread about. Occasionally he bent her and she lifted her leg to caress his and the many other creative variations they could just think of.

For their benefit the gleeman played a bit longer and some people actually cheered when they finally pulled apart. Sahra laughed huskily and breathlessly. "You weren't lying", she whispered to his ear touching his earlobe with her lips before she retreated.

OOC: Imagine tango :) Something like this:

It had been a long time since Ursana had danced like that. He'd always been the sort to hang out at the Inns and Taverns when they came through any village or town large enough to have one and dancing was as easy to learn as anything else if you set your mind to it. And the women never minded a little teaching which often meant a little more after the fact as he became more and more accomplished. And they had once spent a month blocked up in a Saldean city while the worst of the winter snows had held them. Yes, he enjoyed Saldean dances quite well.

The fact that Sahra was so good at it made him wonder where she'd picked it up and he had a good mind to ask. As they parted he realized he had forgotten himself to the dance and was rather surprised to see the number of people watching them. Sahra's whispered words in his ear made him grin though as he walked them back to their table.

"I never lie." He said as he handed her mug over and took a drink from his own. "You however didn't tell me you were that good. I wouldn't have started out so tame if I had known."

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

Trainee

Lover

Dancer

All Extraordinare...

Sahra considered him for a moment after his declaration and accepted her mug with a smile. She believed him and honesty was definately a trait she appreciated in a man. His compliment about her dancing skills made her flush slightly. She had seen some truly good dancers perform and she was far from there. She wasn't experienced enough to be able to dance the Saldaean dances yet with quite the challenge and sexual charge older women were able to radiate but she knew the steps and motions and she had passion that she wasn't ashamed to channel. Especially with a man who danced so well and who she was attracted to. Their chemistries definately worked on the dance floor.

"Tame...", she grinned. "That would be about the last word I would use to describe you. But I suppose we will have to dance again and do it just right then." She looked at him sincerely. "I have never danced like that with anyone else before. You have something in you that calls a response from me. This dance is all about emotions so if you think that I am good, it was because of you. So how did you learn to dance like that?"

Ursana smiled at her as she spoke. She was right, they had a good chemistry on the dance floor and who knew exactly where else that could lead. But for now, it was enough to dance and enjoy each other.

"Where did I learn? In Saldea of course!" He said with a laugh. "My family got caught in Saldea when a storm came up early a few years back. We were stuck a month before it was clear enough for us to travel on our own. And there is nothing better to do on a cold night in Saldea than jump up and keep your blood warm with a dance or two." He laughed again, remembering. "It's also a great way to learn, nothing like lots of people telling you how to do it while you're in the middle to give you a little pressure."

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

Sahra listened to him with a smile. It was nice to learn more about him and she definately had more questions. "That is really interesting. I hope that I could have done some traveling too. Why is your family going around so much? And have you been to many places beside Saldaea?" She brushed his hair behind his ear and leaned closer as if telling a secret. "Are you sure that you couldn't think of anything better than dancing to keep your blood warm in a cold night?" She spoiled her brazen words by blushing a bit and stepped back still regarding him warmly.

"I'm sure that you can stand pressure and with your grace you did fine." She sighed slightly. "But my break is almost over so maybe we could dance again? Will you be staying a while?"

Sana laughed at her steady stream of questions. "My family runs a trading caravan so that's why i've been to diffrent places. We travelled to most of the major cities and a lot of smaller places along the way. As for Saldaen nights, we'll, there is more than one way to warm up on a cold night,and more than one way to dance." He said with a wink.

"And for your last questions, I just might be here all night long. I don't seem to have any desire to return to the barracks by my lonesome and it's really so much better here.. to admire the scenery."

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

Nodding thoughtfully at Sana's explanation about his family's trade, Sahra thought that it might explain why he wasn't quite like the others. He had seen and experienced more things than an average man of his age and there was something wordly about him. He was an intriguing man. Her smile widened and she returned the wink at his response to her flirt. It pleased her greatly that he would stay for longer.

"Mayhap you and I will practice these ways together one evening and see which one is the most suitable for us. I am certain that you have learned all kind of exciting things on your journeys. Arad Doman surely must have been a place of interest and Ebou Dar... you must have been quite young then or have a protective mother or you wouldn't have returned since you are pretty enough for any Altaran woman."

"And I am glad you have found something that pleases you here. It would be a sin to waste such a great company as yours in lonely barracks." He hadn't seemed so eager to take her invitation to dance a second time so she just decided to stand close to him and lean on the table. "What would give you joy you tonight? Dancing, discussion or maybe something else?"

Sana was rather happy just to sit there and talk to her. There were some women that he had come across that couldn't keep a conversation for 2 seconds when the music stopped. He was glad to see that Sahra was more than able to. A pretty face was all well and good, but it never erased the effects of a dull wit for him.

And now he was able to sit back with a beautiful, intelligent woman, who seemed to enjoy dancing as well as he did. Yes, he was more than happy to spend the night watching her as she flitted off from table to table, performing her duties and taking the odd moment to get her attention and talk to her. He smiled at her question. "Joy tonight? The only thing I could want tonight would you your time, to indulge in your company for as long as possible."

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

Sahra's lips curved in a smile and touched his hand lightly to show her appreciation. "You know just the perfect thing to say and that charm cannot be practiced." She gave him a conspiratory wink. "Right now I wish every customer to Pit of Doom. But we'll take what time we can... would you please tell me about your journeys. I'm sure that you have had many exciting adventures along the way. I doubt that I can regal you with anything as interesting in return since I have lived here all my life."

"Did you ever miss staying in a one place for longer time? Or is this the first time you're living like that?"

"Did you ever miss staying in a one place for longer time? Or is this the first time you're living like that?"

Ursana smiled at her question. "I miss the road. I was born on the road and lived that way until I became a trainee here. Staying in one place, having the same people come and go day in and out... that's hard sometimes. It was always just the family and people came and went from village to village, or people might join the caravan for a little while and move on, but this.. is something different. Somedays I just want to pack it all back up and never look back. Others, I think about the differences in being able to make friends and have the sort of lifelong relationships everyone around me has. I don't know if I can do it, but it's a temptation I can't seem to resist. I just..keep staying. I don't know. Maybe someday it will all get to me and they'll find a note saying "went back home", but until then i'm trying to make my best out of it." He said with a grin.

"So you lived her all your life? You've never left Tar Valon at all?"

Ursana Tahn Sakhr.. trainee

• 2 weeks later...

Sahra listened thoughtfully at Sana's recital of his life. It was a bit difficult for her to imagine such a mobile life and not having people who stayed around you on a longer term. But it must have been free and full of adventures and new experiences. Maybe some day she could live like that for a while too.

"You have the right of it. I have never been but a half day's distance away from Tar Valon. I know that it sounds smug but Tar Valon kind of has a bit of every place in the world by being so cosmopolitan and a hub of a trade. If you want a Shienaran bath or Saldaean food or dance or pretty much anything, you can find them all from here. It is an attitude thing also. I'm sure that you have heard the saying 'the world revolves around Tar Valon and Tar Valon revolves around the White Tower'. I can't say how much I sign that, though. You would know better the truth of it having traveled so much and serving the White Tower."

"But I do want to leave the city and actually see and experience the world myself one day. Where should I go first? What place has made the most impression of you?"

-------------

(Missing post. Sana spoke about Borderlands being his favourite and the fierce people and the land fitting each others. He also said that they are at their most beautiful during winter and he promised to take Sahra somewhere one day when he was Raised to Tower Guard.)

OOC: Crista, if you want to rewrite this post, go ahead and I will edit my post and make a new post for the latter blurb.

--------------

Sana's demeanour lighted when he spoke of the Borderlands and Sahra thought that they had to be a very special place indeed to have made such an impact on him. His promise made her smile widely. She would love to travel with him; she was certain that he would be the perfect companion. She repeated a gesture she had seen a Murandian merchant do once and spat on her hand extending it to him. "It's a deal. How about if we agree that you choose the place - you can take me anywhere really - but I choose the time?"

"I'm sure that the Borderlands are beautiful in the winter. And cold. It gets pretty freezing in Tar Valon already and they are located even norther. But that's just all the more reasons to find activites that keep you warm in the nights", she added with a false coyness and slanted him sideway look.

"But do tell me more about the Borderlands. You lump them all together but do they really have so similar cultures? And are you a Borderlander by birth? I would think that even if you have taken influences from all the places you have been to, there would be most of you of the country where your parents are from."

• 3 weeks later...

Sana laughed at Sahra. He wasn’t sure how to take the coy act from her since she had been so forward already, but it was a fun game and she had turned what had once been a dull evening into something far better. “The country of my parents? They are much like me, born to the road. I was born in Arafel they say, though I was not raised there, nor have I spent anymore time there than anyplace else. In fact, the only place I have spent more than a few weeks would be right here in Tar Valon. The day I signed up for training was the first day I ever knew what city my feet would be planted in the next day. Not something that comforted me much at the time, but I made a choice and I have stuck by it.”

He hadn’t intended to say that. He’d stayed to get to know his sister and in the end, the work and the training had kept him enthralled. Much as they had her all those years. He might not understand Rosheen any better than when he had first arrived, but at least in that he knew her well. “Though to answer your question, the Borderlanders are all very different within their own culture, though they are similar to one another. The honor and disciplined life that they live makes them alike. It’s something I have always admired in them, their determination and strength against the Blight.”

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

Sana just ignored her hand and didn't reply aye or nay to the wording she had devised. She was starting to feel silly holding her hand out and settled it on the table. Maybe he hadn't meant the offer as something to be taken seriously and she had misunderstood him, she thought with disappointment. Ah well, maybe it was better to not commit yourself to traveling with someone you had just met anyway. And she would get to travel enough when she was a Tower Guard.

Remembering that made her feel instantly better and she could listen to him with a smile. His explanation for his reasons of joining were a bit strange. It seemed like he hadnt actually wanted to become a Trainee but for some strange reason had done it anyway and now was duty bound or what have you to finish it.

"Is there that kind of honour in you and is that why you have sticked around in the Yards? Or did you just find that you liked it?" She grinned. "From the horror stories and complaints I hear, the life there is mightily disciplined. How has a man like you who has been accustomed to set their own path and who has itchy feet adjusted to that? I'm sure you have some amusing and maybe a bit painful stories to tell about that."

Ursana sighed. "Amusing stories? Most of mine involve getting beaten alot." He said, but grinned as he did so. "I don't know about honor, but I set about to be a trainee because I wanted to know my Sister who is a Tower Guard. It kept me close to her and.. well... light I still don't know that it worked, but once I started training there was always something else to learn." He smiled for real then. "And my mentor is anything but boring. His idea of lessons aren't typical." He said, thinking of the time in Cairhein. He hadn't been very thankful of the training then, but time and distance had put a lot of things into perspective for Sana and he no longer held the resentment for those days as he once had.

"I also found out that once your feet get used to the sword forms, they don't seem to itch as much either. I still get the need to wander sometimes. I think maybe my mentor sees it cause then we're suddenly off into the world and my need to move is settled." he shrugged. You could never tell with Aran if he was that observant or if he was just lucky. "But it keeps me happy most of the time. Especially when it allows me to come back and visit you more often." He added.

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

Not entirely certain how she should take the comment about getting beaten, Sahra decided to go with Sana's cue and returned the grin with one of her own. It would be interesting to meet his sister and this mentor. He definately sounded like an interesting fellow and Sana seemed to genuinely like him. And he took Sana to trips; she was envious now. But maybe her mentor would take her somewhere too.

Her smile widened at the flirt. "Such flattery but I will have to beat you up if you stop." She winked and delighted with the sound of his laughter. "And I would be glad if you would come again and often. Mhh... so, what is your sister like? She sounds really important to you." There was slight longing in her voice. "I don't really know about that because I have never had a family of my own. I grew up in an orphanage. Of course some children stayed there as long as I and I was really close with the women running it... but it's not the same."

"I'm sorry to hear that" He said, his sincerity clear in his voice. "I grew up with an extended family and I can't think what it would be like to have lived without them. I know others in the Yards who don't have much family or who do but don't get along with them." He shook his head and gave a small laugh. "My family gets along too well sometimes I think. We know each other too well and... sometimes people think they know whats best for you even when it goes against what you think." He leaned forward in a conspiritorial fashion and winked. "What's worse is they were normally right."

He laughed then. "But family means different things to different people. If you were close to those women, why are they any less family than my blood is to me?" He asked. "I had uncles on the road that were no such thing, but they were good to have around and taught us things. What say this? I will come at least once a week, every week. That's as often as most families get together, right? We'll be our own little family right here. You, me, and any other poor soul that wants to join us? What do you say fair lady?"

Urasana Tahn Sakhr

He danced around her question about his sister, evading it but Sahra forgave him since he gave something else of himself instead. She smiled as he described his family. Yet more cool people she would like to meet some day. She chuckled at his comment about people thinking that they know better than you what you should be doing. Emma and the others were like that too. And she was here because of that and couldn't say that she questioned their judgement. Of course she wouldn't have actually done anything with the boy she had been given the job for but she really enjoyed her work and encountering all the people who came to the inn.

She tilted her head in thought as he questioned why she didn't consider her people a real family. Maybe she was just too hung upon the ideal of mother, father, kids and extended family because lack of love definately wasn't a phenomenon she had suffered from. She wasn't certain if she wanted the ideal for herself, though. At least not just that. She had grander dreams and children tied their mother down.

This time his offer really took her off guard and for a moment she just looked at him really touched. It might be just a joke but it was still very sweet. The smile blossoming her lips welled forth from deep inside her and lit her face. "I'd like that, I really would. Just... don't get too familial with me. I would rather have you as a friend than as a brother." And maybe even more than a friend or even friend with benefits. She hoped that he would take that as she had meant it. "Or did you want to be some other relative?", she asked with a smirk. "Maybe my uncle, the one with candy for good girls or the daddy of the pimp daddy kind." She smiled with him before growing serious again. "And you are right about my people, they really are my family."

"So lets see... we have covered the dancing, training, traveling and family. Is there some other topic that particularly interests you? And while thinking that you can tell me something that no one else knows about you." She had to think for a moment to find an appropriate thing to reveal about herself. It was only fair after all. "For me..." Small spots of red crept to her cheeks. "Alright, you have to promise you never tell this to anyone. I love listening to gleemen and that's no secret. If I get to ask for a story, I always ask for some heroic epic. I really enjoy those too but they're not what I truly want to hear. For me it is the stories from The Flame, the Blade and the Heart. Now I likely lost points in your mind for being a silly romantic but..." She just spread her hands and smiled. "I guess that quality comes with the boobs to all members of the female kind. And who wouldn't like Birgitte Silverbow."

Sana laughed lightly at her words. "No lost points. In fact, it just makes things easier for me to know that you'll be hopelessly swept away by my romantic gestures." He said with a smile. As for the other..."

He thought for a moment, wondering what he could tell her. "I love the road and I love to travel, love new places and new things, but what I don't think anyone knows... is that when I was little and my Sister left, I wanted to be just like her. I wanted to go with her and I always thought that some day she'd come back and take me with her. She never did." He shrugged. "So I guess the real thing about me that no one knows is that when I was little I wanted to grow up to by my big sister, and now that i'm all grown up, I guess I still do."

He wasn't sure if that was the sort of thing she wanted, but sana was a pretty open book. There weren't many things in his life he kept to himself.

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

Lips arching to a smile at Sana's reaction to her confession, Sahra lifted an eyebrow too to signal that wooing her wouldn't be entirely without a challenge. But she had to admit that so far he had been doing very well.

She felt for the little boy Sana had been when his sister had left and she reached her hand out and rested it on his shoulder to comfort. Children didn't understand logic and adult reasons, they only knew abandonment and desire to be loved. She had had a similar experience when the couple who had adopted her, and who she had wished would become her real family, had returned her back to the orphanage since she hadn't been quite what they had expected and couldn't have replaced their dead child.

He laid his hand on top of hers and lifted it to his lips kissing her knuckles. He was good, really good. The gesture definately caused a flutter in her belly and accompanied with a steady and admiring gaze... a dangerous combination. She never felt uncomfortable and didn't really want to take her hand back, but she didn't want to think he could move too fast with her. Only he didn't release hand, just watched her with a smile in his eyes. She smiled back amused and left their fingers unlocked. It seemed that they were at holding hands stage then. With him she didn't mind and it was just sweet.

"I know that you have grown up to be a man your sister is proud of, Sana", she said softly. "It is good to have goals and idols but in the end you should compare yourself only to you and no one else. We are ourselves' greatest adversaries and there is no need to complicate it by trying to live up to someone else." But wasn't she trying to do that too by wanting to become someone people would one day tell stories about? That she couldn't tell him, though. Not yet. She would surprise him in the Warder's Yard.

"So what is your sister like and in what way did you want to be like her the most?"