DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jeral's Recovery (and /Introducing Emrin) ATTN Sherper/ALL

Cass

Ok, so it's about time we did something about getting poor Jeral on the road to recovery  after his um... encounter... with Eb in the forest.

The beginnings of a thread are up here, and everybody, meet my newest char, medic Emrin Tallas!

Sherp, I've kept the intro short and basic and open for you to rp Jeral's view/lack of lucidity as much as you like and for the others to post their initial reactions if desired. Basically, from a medic point of view, the plan will be plonk him down on a table, expose all of the wounds, examine and act fast. Let me know if you want me to switch it up and add more treatment or something to the first post before you start.

...The way I see it the poor kid probably has a range of injuries, the most lethal of which would be a tension pneumothorax - a wound in the chest that has caused a punctured lung and the sucking of enough air into the lung cavity to push against the heart and stop it pumping adequate amounts of blood around the body. Obviously not good. The signs everyone would see would be holes in Jeral's upper chest, a bit below each collarbone, the one on the left sucking air in each time Jeral inhales, and the subsequent signs of shock as his heart fails/blood pressure falls. If we're quick enough, he should survive ... although it will involve stabbing him again first, this time with needles or straws or hollow reeds or something into the top of the lung cavity, to allow air to escape. Don't know that there'd be time for pain relief before that occurred ... and might be pretty shocking for everyone to watch... should be fun!

*wicked grin* 

Who's in?

Aye, I'll think about it. Might be a bit slow though. My exams are here at last and I'll need to study for them. *sigh*

Still try and get something out in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took a while to respond, the reply is relatively short but I'm leaving it open for BB/Nya and any other visitors to come along if they want to. 

Also edited the first post to include more treatment. Considered putting it in the second, but since Jeral already woke up I think it works better in the first for continuity...

Any plans/ideas for where you want to go from here?