DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New start...

Kaelin

Hi all, newest member of the Black Tower here! It's been quite a while since I last played at DM, and I'd like to slowly ease into the RP again.

Here's the (heavily retconned) character bio:

Anybody fancy a trip to northern Andor to retrieve my forgetful person and bring him back to the Tower?

Hi Skech, nice to see you again :)

I'd like to actively RP the re-discovery of Kaelin by the BT cos it'll give me a better feel for how to RP the whole memory loss thing. But I'd also like to RP with you guys once I'm more comfortable with handling the 'new' Kaelin.    

It occurred to me that we could kill two birds with one stone here. If you have a rough idea of how and where your current RP is going to conclude, perhaps I could have Kaelin and his NPC pickup party converge on your location at the end of your RP, so that the two come together seamlessly. That saves all of us from having to manage two RP's at once.  

Could that fit with what you have planned?

Speaking of NPC's... Arath when you see this (because I know you read every single thread on the BT boards, right? lol) I'd like to use a pair of NPC Asha'man in my 'Returning to the Tower' RP. They shouldn't need a WS score because they won't be fighting, and I'd like to assume average OP (they won't need to do any advanced weaves, other than Skimming).

They need a plausible reason for being away from the BT when they stumble upon Kaelin. I wondered if perhaps they could have been sent to the Caralain to set up some empty forward bases - learning Skim destinations, arranging hidden shelter, stockpiling basic supplies, that sort of thing - as a precautionary measure so that the BT can respond faster if the Shadow forces venture out of the Borderlands into Andor in the next few in-character months/years. Would that fit with the current world history and timeline? 

No rush; I'll simply avoid any references to why they're in Andor until you've had a chance to respond.

You guys can Travel? Awesome! 

So I guess riding north just to set up Skimming destinations is pointless if people can just Travel them there.

I'll say that they were Travelled into the general area, and they're going to Skim back after riding around recruiting. 

On the subject of recruiting, do we still have a Legion of the Dragon at the BT? Might make sense for me to add a Legion NPC that'll try and recruit townsfolk to the Legion while the Asha'man is looking for channelers.

(Edited for clarity.) 

Edited by Kaelin

No ... we don't have the Legion.  Come to think of it, I don't think the Legion even exists in the PSW now.  The Band of the Red Hand sort of absorbed that role.

So Asha'man just Travel around, testing people willy nilly.  Or people looking to join the BT journey to Tear for testing.  The actual location of the Farm is supposed to be a secret, but it isn't a very well kept one.

• 2 months later...

While I've written up the initiation sequence for this RP, I've decided not to start it until there's more activity at the BT. I'll be lurking here pretty much indefinitely so if any new (or old) arrivals are interested in playing with me, just post here.