DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Last Battle

Durinax

15 members have voted

1. 1. Last battle too simple?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not sure that 'too simple' is quite the right description.  I definitely had issues with it, but my issues weren't with simplicity.  I think an even simpler LB (less POV jumping, less battle fronts, simpler tactics) could have been more effective if it was written well.  My issues with the LB were largely that it was too repetitive, that a lot of the character POVs lost their character (i.e. the names were basically interchangeable), and the numbers present (particularly channelers, but also I would argue Aiel and some elements of the Seanchan forces) didn't make sense, which made in term made the tactics seem bizarre in some instances.

my main issues where that there was no betrayals during the wars, that the Armies of Randland where 100% united. I also feel that over the whole book there was essentially 4 war fields, with it seeming like there was no trolloc forces venturing south and barely leaving the borderlands. I don't know but that battle seemed decidedly unepic and the buildup was

I also feel that over the whole book there was essentially 4 war fields, with it seeming like there was no trolloc forces venturing south and barely leaving the borderlands. I don't know but that battle seemed decidedly unepic and the buildup was

Yeah, I found this disappointing too.  Given that the dreadlords and Forsaken can Travel I expected nowhere to be safe.  As it is, you got the impression that anyone in Murandy, Altara, Andor, Illian, etc. would have had no idea the LB was even going on.

Archived