DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

General Questions and Possible Answers

Red2111

how do you get humans to do what you want?

srsly, I can get cats, dogs, and penguins to do anything... yes, penguins, I found out at the Bronx zoo it's a strange thing but I digress...

how do you get humans to do some silly little thing you want?

Well, I tend to use fear. Love also works well, but getting people to love me isn't easy (especially with the causing fear thing...). Learn how to push people's buttons, that's the most important part of interacting with other people. Once you can get them to feel the way you want them to, it's much easier to put them in a state where they are receptive to your suggestions as to what they should do. Reward good behaviour, punish bad.

I need more details regarding the use of fear.

I'll never learn the love thing.

but.... very good advice thanks.

Observation is a part of it - learn what inspires a reaction, and what you need to do to provoke that reaction. Inspire feelings they would prefer to avoid, such as fear, in order to steer people. It helps to acquire a scary reputation, so be willing to do nasty things in order to leave people worried about what you might do if you're displeased. You might want to start small - giving people a nasty telling off. Physical pain is something people tend to avoid, so the implicit threat of it can help. Try and favour situations which will put you in a position of power. Undermine confidence whenever the opportunity occurs. Prey on insecurity and weakness. Make your anger something people will work to avoid, and thereby use the threat of the anger rather than the anger itself to drive people.

What it comes down to is this: if you do something wrong, I will do something nasty. Make people work to avoid that nastiness, and you have the essence of control.

damn, I do all that naturally to maintain my personal space....

but it won't work to provoke humans to perform actions to please me... it's too risky for them. it only makes them avoid interaction.

which is normally the goal but I find hat I occasionally require actual obeisance.

yeah. penguins it is. it's hopeless with this species.

thanks for trying.

Oh yes, it's very good at removing people from your personal space. That's how it began for me. But remember that that is itself a form of control, an exertion of power. You're using it as a shield  but it can be used as a sword - you simply need to go on the offensive. Invade their personal space. If they can avoid your wrath by avoiding you, then you can't exert the necessary control, but if you deny them the chance of escape then obedience serves as the next best option.

srsly, I can get cats, dogs, and penguins to do anything... yes, penguins, I found out at the Bronx zoo it's a strange thing but I digress...

Well, I tend to use fear. Love also works well, but getting people to love me isn't easy (especially with the causing fear thing...). Learn how to push people's buttons, that's the most important part of interacting with other people. Once you can get them to feel the way you want them to, it's much easier to put them in a state where they are receptive to your suggestions as to what they should do. Reward good behaviour, punish bad.

Observation is a part of it - learn what inspires a reaction, and what you need to do to provoke that reaction. Inspire feelings they would prefer to avoid, such as fear, in order to steer people. It helps to acquire a scary reputation, so be willing to do nasty things in order to leave people worried about what you might do if you're displeased. You might want to start small - giving people a nasty telling off. Physical pain is something people tend to avoid, so the implicit threat of it can help. Try and favour situations which will put you in a position of power. Undermine confidence whenever the opportunity occurs. Prey on insecurity and weakness. Make your anger something people will work to avoid, and thereby use the threat of the anger rather than the anger itself to drive people.

What it comes down to is this: if you do something wrong, I will do something nasty. Make people work to avoid that nastiness, and you have the essence of control.

but it won't work to provoke humans to perform actions to please me... it's too risky for them. it only makes them avoid interaction.

which is normally the goal but I find hat I occasionally require actual obeisance.

thanks for trying.

Oh yes, it's very good at removing people from your personal space. That's how it began for me. But remember that that is itself a form of control, an exertion of power. You're using it as a shield  but it can be used as a sword - you simply need to go on the offensive. Invade their personal space. If they can avoid your wrath by avoiding you, then you can't exert the necessary control, but if you deny them the chance of escape then obedience serves as the next best option.

makes sense... how do I do that so it isn't obvious enough to be actionable? and is there a way to make the sub believe or at least behave as if it is acting of its own free will and not out of fear?

I like that there will be fear on principle ... but I want to sometimes pretend otherwise.

you know, like paying a hooker to say I love you.

thanks for trying.

makes sense... how do I do that so it isn't obvious enough to be actionable? and is there a way to make the sub believe or at least behave as if it is acting of its own free will and not out of fear?

I like that there will be fear on principle ... but I want to sometimes pretend otherwise.

A lot of it comes down to practice. Not so overt that you could be in trouble, nor that they are aware that you are manipulating them, but also not so subtle that the threat is lost on them. As for making people believe they are not acting out of fear, I never got the hang of that one. Love, a desire for respect, sexual desire, these things are easier to turn to your advantage without the suspect knowing. The only exception is when you make the source of fear external to yourself - use their fear of someone or something else to your advantage. That's easily done, if you know the right triggers - you simply have to use the source of fear in a non-threatening context.

thanks for trying.

A lot of it comes down to practice. Not so overt that you could be in trouble, nor that they are aware that you are manipulating them, but also not so subtle that the threat is lost on them. As for making people believe they are not acting out of fear, I never got the hang of that one. Love, a desire for respect, sexual desire, these things are easier to turn to your advantage without the suspect knowing. The only exception is when you make the source of fear external to yourself - use their fear of someone or something else to your advantage. That's easily done, if you know the right triggers - you simply have to use the source of fear in a non-threatening context.

excellent... I do that at work... I didn't think of it that way but there's always a source of fear that can be used or at least blamed after the fact.

I'll begin practicing on nearby subjects... I think the fear of loneliness might be subtly worked. I doubt I'd be able to do much with love or respect, but maybe the sex thing.

you really should write a book.

So, i have an entrance exam in a week and im sorta tense, if i pass and become part of the top 200 students to get to do the next stage (interviews), so my question is, how can I

1) stop being tense or maybe a bit less nervous about it?

2) how do i prepare for a phone interview?

pretend both are practice.

I do this with all tests and interviews, and it helps to test and interview for things you don't want just to learn that feeling.

google interview questions they have a limited pool of those so it helps.

understand they're more interested in your reaction to a question than your response, so it's better to be calm than to be right.

phone interview?

pantsless. definitely.

Wouldn't recommend pantless - one of my friends had a telephone interview really early in the morning, woke up, answered the call and found out it was video linked, needless to say he didn't get through the round.

It sound stupid, but I'd also ask people who will be honest to say what you sound like on the phone.  Apparantly I tend to mumble, or slur words on the phone, so if I'm talking to clients on the phone now I always talk more slowly than I think I need.

Good luck!

@ chuckles - moving to another desk is not optional for me, neither is moving my desk.  i act as both a clerk and a receoptionist and the phone is in one place. 

i've also tried talking with my boss about; as i said, all she does is shrug. 

i just feel like, as the wedding gets closer, and i get more stressed, my fuse will become non-existant and i'll end up saying something abotu it to him which will get me fired.

So, i have an entrance exam in a week and im sorta tense, if i pass and become part of the top 200 students to get to do the next stage (interviews), so my question is, how can I

1) stop being tense or maybe a bit less nervous about it?

2) how do i prepare for a phone interview?

test anxiety sucks.  what always helped me was listening to classical music at a very low level while taking the test.  ask your test taker if you can do this.   for me it helped level out my focus, and it drowneded out the very distracting background noise.

another tip is to just look at things in perspective; while the test is important, the world wont end if you dont pass.  go in with realistic expectations and dont cram the night before.  get a good nights rest before hand, and eat a good breakfast before the test.

for the interview, alot of what Cindy said.  wear somethign comfy for the phone interview, make sure all distractions are put away and make sure to use professional verbage liek you woudl in a face to face interview.

Red, would it be possible to say something to PITA before you snap?  Or maybe ask a colleague to intercede whose not directly involved?

Archived