DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Fetching the newbie planning thread (Attn: Kyn and Seia)

U4ea

I thought this might be easier than playing tag in PM's and stuff and we'll have it for reference later, just in case we forget! :)

The plan is three threads:

Thread 1- Cora and Ed are sent to meet Lor and Kyn in Whitebridge for the trek to Bandar Eban to fetch a nobleman's daughter for training at the Tower. The journey over will be relatively harmless and uneventful, so this thread can be set up to explain why they're going and do a bit of training and reflection on board the ship. While Lor is meeting with noblepersons to fetch said daughter and decide if she needs to go to the Tower for training, Kyn's going to drag Ed out into the ocean to see how hard he can laugh when the waves knock her down. 

Thread 2- On the way back, their ship will be set upon by River Pirates who kidnap said girl (enter some gratuitous fighting here)

Thread 3-  They hunt down the person who stole the girl and get her back, resulting in a lot of dead guards and a severely damaged, if not dead, nobleman or two. <-- that usually makes Ed happy, anyway. 

Now, Kyn and I have been chatting about why Lor and Kyn are being sent for the girl in the first place and why they needed Ed and Cora along for backup. I'll let Kyn tell you the back story that will need to be woven into that first thread somehow, because Light knows, no one's telling Ed and Cora why they're backing up a Master and a meanie Greenie on this trip! 

Thoughts? Ideas? Plots? 

I'm starting the first thread from Whitebridge, so wherever your character starts out is fine with me as long as they are in Whitebridge by the time you hit "post!" LOL ;) 

Edited by U4ea

Backstory stuffs:

I figured that the orginal deal was the girl would come to the Tower for training, but only if it was Lor (or the current Captain-General) who brought her. Perhaps it was some sort of add on to a treaty sealing an alliance and marriage between two noble houses and ending some petty border war. Maybe an alliance Lor herself negotiated.

This will give us the antagonist of the disenfranchised brother who is losing his inheritance (and power) to his Niece and is taking an opportunity to steal the girl and break the ties between the Lord and lady and the White Tower. 

I like that plotline, it makes sense why a small party is getting the girl and the kidnapping itself. I'll just make sure Cora doesn't trip over her feet!

I'm on Skype if you want to add me, username is dracameg

Edited by seiakera

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LMAO Ladies of Steel, huh? We need to embroider that on a pillow... ;-)

Let me get these kids asleep and I'll pounce on it, too!

Edit: DONE! :) I got long-winded, but I was falling asleep at the keyboard writing it, so do with it what you will! LOL

Edited by U4ea

• 3 weeks later...

that works for me! Feel free to let the sun set the next time you post. Ed will force herself to go to bed without staying up drinking because she has to be up so early. It'll be death of her, but she'll make the sacrifice... *coughs and grins*

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ok, we're going to shorten this a bit because it's been forever. 

Thread 1- up the river on the way to Bandar Eban

Thread 2- cabin fever in Bandar Eban and the River Cruise

All in favor? 

Cabin Fever getting posted NOW! http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/86711-cabin-fever-attn-kyn-lor-cora-ed/ GO!