DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

History Channel's: The Bible

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

So yea going to give this a shot. Supposed to be a drama about.. yea, do I really need to explain what its about? :tongue:

Never know, could be good, could be horrible, could be preachy for all I know. Though, the guy who made the series, is famous for various reality tv shows... His first 'drama'.

Don't get AMC for walking dead so.. what do I got to lose but an hour of my life right? :wink:

btw, its on about.. Now.

oiy thsi started already? need to set my DVR to catch it. i dont perscribe to this religion, but have never read the entire bible and wanted to check this out *nods*

need to check to see if History Channel is showing a re-showign of the previous episode. btw, anyone else finally happy the hsitory channels is starting to show things actually dealign with history again :laugh:

oiy thsi started already? need to set my DVR to catch it. i dont perscribe to this religion, but have never read the entire bible and wanted to check this out *nods*

need to check to see if History Channel is showing a re-showign of the previous episode. btw, anyone else finally happy the hsitory channels is starting to show things actually dealign with history again :laugh:

Yes.

Though, after watching it, i wasn't impressed with this show.

Alot of the actors were over the top, or under-whelming.

Some of the characters you could just tell they were really into the bible thing, and were really into there character. (more than they should have been.)

Hell, Abraham's performance really just makes the statement I made when I was 8 more true. "How do you know he just wasn't just crazy and talking to himself?"

Also reminds me of this one comedian..

or.. I wish I could find the skit...

God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac

God: "Dude I was just kidding! You were really going to sacrifice him weren't you?"

I think it is pretty good. It helps bring a human aspect to the Bible that sometimes gets glossed over in the cool liturgical reading. I thought Sarah was kinda banal and Lot's Wife was pretty annoying. Was kinda glad when she got toasted.

Other than that, I am looking forward to it.

I thought it interesting to see a lot of Catholic commercials during the show. Is the Church bank-rolling this show?

i've only watched the first episode so far, the guy that played Moses ... you could tell he was really into his character; he had that fanatical insane look in his eyes tbh.

i dont notice the comercials, i tend to catch all my shows via DVR so i can fast forward :laugh:

i'm undecided if i will continue watching this honestly. 2 hours per episode is just a bit too much

i've only watched the first episode so far, the guy that played Moses ... you could tell he was really into his character; he had that fanatical insane look in his eyes tbh.

i dont notice the comercials, i tend to catch all my shows via DVR so i can fast forward :laugh:

i'm undecided if i will continue watching this honestly. 2 hours per episode is just a bit too much

Oye, there were 'several' characters like that... The guy who played Abraham? Man. HE had those crazy eyes.

Moses? Gah, Moses reminded me of who invented the "talking points" in politics.. Seriously, he kept repeating 'free my people!' and I thought replublicans nad democrats were bad at talking points? Imagine living with that guy? Every other sentence... :tongue:

Archived