DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Isam/Luc

Smoosh

Agreed. I don't think Ishy's activities in those early books can be seen as him acting on the Dark Ones intentions.

Also it should be kept in mind that Verin also knows about Slayer, and knows a whole lot more then Perrin... if simple knowledge is enough to pair them for confrontation, then it would be Verin to take him out... i don't see that happening though. Fain also seems to know almost everythign about Slayer.

Guest cwestervelt

It's make sense for Fain to know as much about Slayer as possible. It pays to learn what you can about your enemy and Slayer's primary mission since the 4th book has been the assination of Fain.

Fain and Slayer both display the same aspects of their roles in the Shadow... both were changed by the Shadow to better serve as agents... it would stand to reason that they know of each other... and indeed they do.

we know that slayer has been haunting padan fain's dreams. my theory is that they will both survive the last battle and will keep fighting each other until they both die.

I thought fain was already err... dead?

Guest cwestervelt
Fain isnt really alive' date=' but he isnt really dead, either....[/quote']

Don't confuse Mordeth's resurection with the resurection of Aginor, Balthamel and Ishamael. Fain was not killed by Mordeth to provide a body but was merged with Mordeth spirit. As a result he still has old memories where as there is no indication that the Foresaken retained the memories of the host. There is proof enough that Fain still has his from from when he was a captive at Fal Dara.

the Luc/Isam joining was most likely done in tel'aran'rhiod... we know that in that place people who enter physically can be altered, for instance in the Dragon Reborn Rand is almost caused to fade away, and in the Shadow Rising LTT almost takes over and changes his body entirely.

• 4 months later...

what do you mean padan fain isnt really alive? of course he is alive! nobodys killed him yet and he hasnt died so how did you come up with the idea of him being alive? the dark one altered him, and when he confronted mashadar it tried to consume him but padan fain, after being touched by the dark one, resisted mashadar to a point, somehow gaining some of its powers. mashadar didnt kill padan fain from what weve heard from the books-nobody has

Archived