DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue Through to the End of Chapter 25

Luckers

What I think they should do with gateways is to just weave hundreds of pairs of 1mm by 1mm gateways about chest hight into the area that the Trollocs are about to charge through. That would slow down the Trollocs are scare them mightily, while not requiring too much strength in the power.

Although I don't know if fine weaving requires too much skill (but not strength).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True about entering the dream void, that is weird. Everytime Egwene was there in the early books it was always made a point of the fact that she does not even have any physical attributes, because there are none. The whole thing about looking like stars that you move around is just a representation of sorts.

I´ve never heard of anyone weaving and holding open more than one gateway at any given time, could be wrong about that tho. But that would mean you need a whole lot of channelers for that plan to work.

Being in the middle of the book and reading about the 4 different battlefronts gets a little unrealsitic.. Especially how the characters stay alive (and awake) during the weeks of the fighting. I mean you read after about the first confrontation that the characters (Elayne, Egwene, Lan and Rand) have and everyone is tired on the edge of collapse and a few chapters onwards we are suddenly weeks ahead in time and the characters are still on the edge of collapse..  :dry:  Also all the Generals messing up (I guess Greandals handywork in the TAR...) makes for a long read of these 4 battlefronts. Anyway, that's all the whining i'll do for now. 
The good parts for me so far: 

- Mat

I love the Mat pov's BS gave Mat a great sense of humor and it's nice to see Tuon fall for him. 

- Perrin 

Awesome how strong he is in the wolf dream 

- Rand 

The epiphany of Rand at the end of uhh.. (which book was it again) brought me back to like and even love Rand's character. I got tired of reading the stonehard depressed version of Rand and it's great to see how human he has become through tToM and aMoL. The sparring scene with his dad and other gift scenes were cool. 

- Androl and The Black Tower

Awesome book  :rolleyes: 

Archived