DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Halo 4 & Black Ops 2

Nolder

Thoughts?

I played both quite a bit since they came out and being a pretty big FPS fan I gotta say I preferred Halo 4 by a large marigin

BO2 was basically an interactive movie and not a great one at that

I think there's MAYBE 45-90 minutes of gamplay depending on your competency and the difficulty you're playing on

Which, ok, most people these days are buying FPS games for multiplayer

A lot of them don't even ever play the story

Fine

Multiplayer for the CoD series has been worse and worse since the introduction of lag compensation

I'm not going to even go into personal opinions on things like killstreaks and perks and whatnot because YMMV I guess but I know that a multiplayer shooter that delibertly lags people with GOOD connections in order to "level the playing field" isn't worth my time

Halo 4 on the other hand I had a lot of fun with

Graphics are amazing

I honestly started thinking some of the cut scenes were live action

Story was pretty good

Only complaint about the campaign was if you play on legendary the promethians are ungodly strong and you just don't seem to have enough ammo to take them on

Played through the campaing on legendary at least twice and I gotta say I was just constantly looking for new guns and ammo

Multiplayer is pretty good though

I especially like the Dominion gametype if you're playing with a group of friends

I'm still kinda iffy on the ordience and the perks and stuff but overall it feels pretty balanced and even if it's not I do still have fun playing it so whatever

I have to agree, for me and most of my friends, Halo is winning right now over CoD.  I also have to agree about the lag compensation bs.  I'm running a 54Mbps connection, and it sucks for CoD big time, it's actually better when it's a foreign host and I am the one lagging.  Loving Spartan Ops, and all the info and cut scenes they have thrown into it.  Also, the Forward Unto Dawn 5 episode live action mini series that is on Halo Waypoint is actually really good imo.

Legendary on Halo4 seemed to me the easiest.  Halo1 through Reach all seemed harder to me on Legendary, but you're right that the Promethians take a lot of ammo to die, always looking for ammo or new guns lol.

I've been playing a lot of BO2 lately and I have to say I think they really messed up with this whole scorestreak system

I mean unless their goal was to kind of phase out kill/score streaks altogether

The number of points you need just isn't possible to get even if you're on the good side of lag comp

The highest streak I've been able to earn was the AGR one time and the War Machine like 4 or 5

My friend managed to get a couple Stealth Choppers but seriously what's the point? This system heavily encourages shooting down air support and other such things so anything you call out that doesn't have an immediate effect is just going to get shot or hacked almost right away

I have yet to see anyone actually earn a streak higher than Stealth Chopper

And I think the difficulty in earning them is just forcing people to give up and use the lowest streaks they know they can earn which results in a lot of UAVs and because of that Treyarch is planning on increasing the points you need to call out a UAV to I think 600

I guess they think since so many people are using the UAV it's overpowered but really they've failed to realize it's because of their crappy system and not because UAV is so powerful

Oh well

Archived