DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will Lan die? opinions?

pepe Al'thor

maybe what the baby represents is Lan's future. He was a king when he was a baby and was already sworn to fight the shadow. Him fighting at Tarwin's Gap with the rest of his countrymen could be a fulfillment of that viewing. I know my theory is a longshot but if you think about it, why would the baby be Lan's? Does anybody really think Nynaeve will let her baby hold a sword? Min could have had that viewing and then after the book was released RJ changed his mind about Min and decided she could only see the future. Unlikely but still possible

If he dies then Min or RJ was wrong. She say a vision of a babe with a sword. Either it was his past/early bookism and RJ was wrong that she only sees the future or it was Lan's son and he needs to survive to make him... Or it is his son and he dies so Min is wrong

The babe with the sword is Lan, I thought.

That's what I thought, too. His parents knowing Malkieri was going to be overrun placed the sword in his hands, swore the oath for him, gave him to something like 20 of their best warriors to take to Shienar and then lead their people into their last hopeless battle.

Archived