DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I dont know if this has been said before. Callandor

tje

Let me preface this by saying that I am new to posting. I don't know if this idea has been explored before. I am sure that many of you know a whole lot more than me and will be able to poke holes in my theory. However, I figured I would throw it out there.

What if one of the major flaws of Callandor is that it enables the user to access the True Power. It was made flawed. One of these flaws is the lack of a buffer against over drawing the One Power. What if in addition to this lack of a buffer it also enabled the user to access the True Power. Although we have not seen any Forsaken mention this, we have seen Forsaken actively pursue Callandor rather than the more powerful Choedan Kal. We also know that the True Power acts differently than the One Power. Rand during his first major experience with Callandor in the Stone of Tear uses Callandor to kill all the shadow spawn throughout the Stone without knowing how. I know that Rand has used unknown weaves many times throughout the series but later while Rand is battling the Seanchan we see him attempt a similar feat with disastrous consequences. This has been attributed to the bowl of winds affecting the One Power. What if however this was also a consequence of him using the One Power and not the True Power. If it did enable the user to channel the True Power it would expose the user to the Dark One directly, which could have dire consequences.

This is just my two cents, any and all responses will be greatly appreciated.

While an interesting theory, I'd have say probably not. There's no evidence LTT used teh True Power, in fact he recoils in horror in Rand's mind when Rand uses it. It seems the flaws are that 1. while using Callandor without being linked to two females with a female in control, the user lacks normal control and there's no buffer against drawing enough of the OP to burn yourself out. 2. The user is made... vulnerable, somehow. Whether that is to the DO's touch or something else, I don't think it's been confirmed yet.

Still an interesting theory.

Yes, I think Rand will wield Callendor with Nyn and Moiraine and complete what needs to be done. But in the process the 'vulnerability' that Min discovered will cause Rand to have to 'sheath the sword.' This will result in Rand's death.

Let me preface this by saying that I am new to posting. I don't know if this idea has been explored before. I am sure that many of you know a whole lot more than me and will be able to poke holes in my theory. However, I figured I would throw it out there.

What if one of the major flaws of Callandor is that it enables the user to access the True Power. It was made flawed. One of these flaws is the lack of a buffer against over drawing the One Power. What if in addition to this lack of a buffer it also enabled the user to access the True Power.

Why can't Narishma use it then?

Although we have not seen any Forsaken mention this, we have seen Forsaken actively pursue Callandor rather than the more powerful Choedan Kal.

Most of them did not know that keys still existed until Moridin told them in Winter's Heart. Asmodean went after the key as soon as he realized it existed and was in Rhuidean.

We also know that the True Power acts differently than the One Power. Rand during his first major experience with Callandor in the Stone of Tear uses Callandor to kill all the shadow spawn throughout the Stone without knowing how.

But he was definitely using saidin there, and also in Altara. When he used the True Power, it was instantly recognizable as something alien.

Archived