DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can cats be Darkhounds?

Christine

My darkhounds will tell you that Cats are lightfuls, creatures that must be destroyed and removed, especially from their porch.

It's THEIR PORCH!

That being said, yeah, cats can be darkhounds.

An update on the Darkhound.

Last night, the Darkhound decided to take his rightful place at my side while sleeping, to guard and defend me against all Lightfuls. Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication, and in his eyes, right at my side meant in my spot.

The consort would also not listen to me, and slept in the middle of the bed, with my Darkhound laying curled up against him.

Time to find a new bed for the consort... and possibly the darkhound...

Sir Hector went a little bold last night, and decided that, after sleeping for some time in my spot on the bed, that he would attempt to sleep between myself and my consort.

Within about 15 seconds, the cat realized that this was a bad idea.

For about 30 minutes, he was squeezed between us while I gave my consort his weekly cuddles. As soon as the cuddling was over, the darkhound assumed a place beside me on the floor, sitting atop a pillow. He remained that way all night.

I suspect that he has now learned that he belongs on the pillow at night.

• 2 weeks later...

Ach, I keep forgetting to update people about this!

The blood has stopped, thank god. He still sneezes on occasion. The vet said it may be dust (I have dusted and vacuumed, still sneezing), the litter (changed that too, still sneezing), or just general allergies.

We are coping with it, though.

He had his first hairball today, but we did get a little lax on brushing him, so that is our fault.

The big issue now is his nails. They are so long that they catch on everything, and when I went to clip them, his nail bed is so far off, it's a little pointless. He isn't scratching at the furniture, but just walking across the carpet, his paws get stuck. I'm going to get him some nail caps and try those out. I don't want to go to the extreme, and that will be a last resort, but the cat can't even walk across the bed without getting stuck.

Archived