DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

True Blood Season 5

Ashaman Kovan

I saw the first couple seasons but the plot just seems to be getting so convoluted and lost that I don't follow it as closely as I was doing. It seems like everyone is turning into a vampire or are some sort of magical creature that it is becoming HBOs version of jumping the shark.

• Community Administrator

I saw the first couple seasons but the plot just seems to be getting so convoluted and lost that I don't follow it as closely as I was doing. It seems like everyone is turning into a vampire or are some sort of magical creature that it is becoming HBOs version of jumping the shark.

Well, the whole 'faerie' angle was in the books... (Or so wikipedia says0

this season is DEFINATELY bettter (so far) than last (IMO) but its only up to episode 2.

also, I think 'jason' is finally going to understand 'what' he is 'this' season... Can't wait for him to say' "wait.. what? I'm a ... Faerie?"

I've read all the books and yes, the fairy thing is quite prevalent. Fairy with an ai by the way SD. Just fyi. Though their "world" or "realm" is called The Faery. And they refer to their race as a whole as Fae.

I don't (EDIT) know about Jason finding out he's part fairy though in the show. They aren't following the books AT ALL really. Though I'm having a hard time remembering if he even finds out in the books, so that doesn't really mean anything. It's been awhile since I read the newest one. Which was right when it came out basically. I think in March of last year.

Sam, the plot this season seems, at least so far, to be fairly linear and easy enough to follow if you decide to just jump into it. The only thing I'm annoyed with is the story arc involving Terry, the cook at Merlotes. It's pretty pointless and I don't know why they're doing it. I don't know why they focus on Arlene and he at all really. I guess just to give the show some regular human drama.

Agree to disagree I guess lol. I won't even watch AN episode of Glee. Never tried it, never will.

To be fair though, the only reason I probably watch TB is because I read the books first and went into it already having mentally prepared myself for them to go far astray of the source material.

I thought for a minute I would like Tara more as a vampire... but then I realized she is just the same whiney character that hisses more.

I cringe whenever the story returns to the authority. The torture exposes the bad acting skills. Every other word seems to be the vamps crying about the Sanguista movement which seems like a forced plot point. The remote stakes are held on by cloth like a reverse back pack?

What I liked - Flashbacks which helped develop some characters.

• 2 months later...

Archived