DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

He would almost certainly fail without a woman dead and gone

Tommatt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is also nothing in the description of the viewing that confirms that Min knows who the woman is.

Except for the fact that Min would have little reason to assume the viewing would be difficult if it was "Rand would almost certainly fail without a dead woman." She was there at Falme. She saw Brigitte. She knows that dead women have helped Rand before. Why would telling him about this viewing make him bleak? It would be simple to fulfill if that were the viewing.

But that obviously wasn't the viewing. The fact that the woman is dead is Min's knowledge, not the viewing itself. It's also silly to ignore the surrounding paragraphs.

i wish i were one who would look stuff up, but luckers is lurking around somewhere, and i swear he likes to make me or anyone look stupid =P and i actually like being made a fool of, just more good data for me to digest. but early on min does make mention of moiraine specifically needing to be at the last battle for rand to have a better chance.

No she didn't, other than the viewing under discussion. Deadsy knows what she's talking about when it comes to Moiraine; you should listen when she tells you something. :p

i definitely want deadsy to drop more data, but i wonder can deadsy dredge up what i am too lazy to dig for? (j/k?) there aren't many viewings from min in the first 3 books, someone should know a place on either theoryland or the wiki to get all her viewings. and btw deadsy, don't just agree with me on some things, tell me where i am wrong, say it loud! =P.

There is also nothing in the description of the viewing that confirms that Min knows who the woman is.

Except for the fact that Min would have little reason to assume the viewing would be difficult if it was "Rand would almost certainly fail without a dead woman." She was there at Falme. She saw Brigitte. She knows that dead women have helped Rand before. Why would telling him about this viewing make him bleak? It would be simple to fulfill if that were the viewing.

But that obviously wasn't the viewing. The fact that the woman is dead is Min's knowledge, not the viewing itself. It's also silly to ignore the surrounding paragraphs.

you apparently know or have some idea that i do not, start treating me as stupid as your pet dog or car or mouse or whatever you might have as a pet. don't know if it is true but i am looking for good data.

Something that always comes to my mind with things like this is that RJ doesn't/didn't really go for the says-something-bvious/really-means-something-completely-obscure with alot of characters and foretellings. If he wanted something to be puzzled over he wrote it in such a way that you would see it. This is a case where it is a straight foward meaning, trying to inject myatery into it seems flawed.

i wish i were one who would look stuff up, but luckers is lurking around somewhere, and i swear he likes to make me or anyone look stupid =P and i actually like being made a fool of, just more good data for me to digest. but early on min does make mention of moiraine specifically needing to be at the last battle for rand to have a better chance.

No she didn't, other than the viewing under discussion. Deadsy knows what she's talking about when it comes to Moiraine; you should listen when she tells you something. :p

i definitely want deadsy to drop more data, but i wonder can deadsy dredge up what i am too lazy to dig for?

No. I'm telling you it doesn't exist. How can I find something that doesn't exist?

i definitely want deadsy to drop more data, but i wonder can deadsy dredge up what i am too lazy to dig for?

No. I'm telling you it doesn't exist. How can I find something that doesn't exist?

you can't prove a negative, but the one looking for it can say that it cannot be found. i have been reading what bbm hooked me up with, it isn't there. but thank you for trying to tell me. doesn't stop me from wanting to read more of those min quotes =P

that still doesn't free you from dropping data on this community =P

that still doesn't free you from dropping data on this community =P

You should edit your posts instead of making new replies :P

Someone posted a link (which you replied to) of Min's viewings. Have at it. If you still insist that it exists then it is up to you to prove it. It's pretty much protocol when arguing theories that you back up your opinions with quotes rather than saying "I remember such and such."

Someone posted a link (which you replied to) of Min's viewings. Have at it. If you still insist that it exists then it is up to you to prove it. It's pretty much protocol when arguing theories that you back up your opinions with quotes rather than saying "I remember such and such."

i was reading it, and intend to read it more later =P and i don't do quotes. i have physical copies of the books, but any quote i do is done with illegal copies that i grabbed, as such, i don't use them unless i really need them. i could try using quotes from my legal audio books, but that isn't very useful on a forum. and that is my only legal digital copy. although it would be awesome if i could jab my book at my monitor to pull a quote from it. (and don't crap on me for not having the legal e document version, i get less than 20k a year it is amazing that i have legal books for them all, let alone legal audio books as well)

You can quote out of the books, just copy the text word for word type it out, and give the chapter with the quote function

[ quote ] [ /quote ] without the space, or the little speech bubble thing in the editor.

You don't need to transfer it directly from a digital copy.

You can quote out of the books, just copy the text word for word type it out, and give the chapter with the quote function

[ quote ] [ /quote ] without the space, or the little speech bubble thing in the editor.

You don't need to transfer it directly from a digital copy.

i make less than 20k a year for a reason, i'm lazy as hell, and nobody is interested in having me use my tech knowledge to help them be more efficient because there are many other people with better references. to me they are dumb because the laziest people will know the best shortcuts.

I think most of us quote from illegal ebooks; I think we've all bought so many hard copies that none of us feels even slightly guilty about it, so why should you?

I've bought 4 copies of Crown of Swords thus far. I feel anti-guilt for "stealing" the e-book version

Why would telling him about this viewing make him bleak?

just thought I would say why wouldn't telling him that a dead woman would increase his odds (significantly) of winning?

I know if someone told me that a dead woman would be instramental in something I was doing I would just give up. And the only places we see a formerly dead woman is brigitte, the woman twin hero, and Lanfear -> Cyndane. So it isnt that terrible of a comparison.

Lews Therin raised his head, and the black-clad man took an involuntary step back from that gaze. “Ten years, Betrayer,” Lews Therin said softly, the soft sound of steel being bared. “Ten years your foul master has wracked the world. And now this. I will . . . ”

a very important part.

I'm reading my new copy of COT for the first time and I can already hear it cracking like it's going to fall apart. So yeah, anti-guilt. I've bought at least 3 copies of each book, including paperbacks.

just thought I would say why wouldn't telling him that a dead woman would increase his odds (significantly) of winning?

I know if someone told me that a dead woman would be instramental in something I was doing I would just give up. And the only places we see a formerly dead woman is brigitte, the woman twin hero, and Lanfear -> Cyndane. So it isnt that terrible of a comparison.

That seems foolish given what I've just said. This isn't our world. On our world it would be insane. But this is a world where the characters in question (Rand and Min) have seen dead people, spoken to them, and done battle with them. Sorry, I'm not buying that she would hide it from him if that was her viewing.

We're talking about the Horn of Valere here. The characters ALREADY think it's going to be instrumental. (no pun intended!)

Also, there are around 100 Heroes, IIRC. Why are you assuming only two of them are women? They weren't all named.

That seems foolish given what I've just said. This isn't our world. On our world it would be insane. But this is a world where the characters in question (Rand and Min) have seen dead people, spoken to them, and done battle with them. Sorry, I'm not buying that she would hide it from him if that was her viewing.

there have only been a handful of them though, the vast majority being when the horn was blown which was a few dozen or so and havent been seen since (although I would like an accurate count of TGH numbers vs when they get blown again). And the majority of them being a very special case (with women being the minority among them (at least the ones named)), and the rezzed forsaken being the rest (although at the point of the quote Rand is unaware of them)

Archived