DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Were Nyneave and Egwene Mentioned in Dark Prophecy?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Semirhage was not around at that time. She had not integrated herself into the Seanchan yet. It was too early. It was most likely Ishamael, who knows the Dark Prophecy. The other Forsaken know little about them. Graendal hardly knew of their existence in ToM, only when Ishamael chose to show them to her.

He knows more than me about WoT world in general so I didn't argue, though I don't have further prove.

Semirhage was not around at that time. She had not integrated herself into the Seanchan yet. It was too early. It was most likely Ishamael, who knows the Dark Prophecy. The other Forsaken know little about them. Graendal hardly knew of their existence in ToM, only when Ishamael chose to show them to her.

He knows more than me about WoT world in general so I didn't argue, though I don't have further prove.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I cannot say that this is 100% true. There is still room to argue the possibility, however, it is extremely unlikely. She may have been free of the prison, but I don't think she was in a position of power amongst the Seanchan. It was Ishamael who was giving the orders to Suroth and Liandrin in any case.

Edit: Having a look at chronology, I am not sure, Tuon says in WH 14 that Anath (Semirhage) has been with her for 2 years. According to chronology, two years = before EotW chapter 1. SO I am not sure what is going down there.

She said less than two years, so that gives some leeway. Could be anywhere between ~550 days and ~700 days, and Tuon said that on day 696. Rand and Co. use the Portal Stone on day 103, and I always figured Semirhage and the other Forsaken set up shop some time during that four month period, probably toward the beginning of it. It fits with what we know of the others aside from Ishamael, Aginor, Balthamel and Lanfear, though it's not clear why Lanfear, being one of the deepest buried, would get out before the others.

Yeah true, well I got it off the Encyclopaedia site, it says 2 years ago, not the exact wording, so fair enough on that point.

I agree with your assessment of when they were freed. I thought around that time as well. Between Rand's portal stone journey and start of tDR.

I never got the Lanfear thing either. Possibly just because she was needed in the story at the time? Meh, doesn't really matter.

Well, that still allows for the two different forsaken with two different plots, with Ishy on the Seanchan and someone else with the Gray Men, trying to kill them. It could also be just a trick, those gray men were pathetic...

I like the ideas about Ishmael dreaming Egwene and Nyneave's significance. And yes, they ...including Elayne...were mentioned in Foretellings various characters have had, so I can imagine they would have popped up in Dark Foretellings, if not Dark Prophecy. A pity Robert Jordan isnt here to answer this. Maybe Brandon knows.

Archived