DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Importance of Being Min

As much as I see Min as an important person to Rand, if something were going to happen to her, it would have already. Semirhage tried and successfully used her to drive Rand to use the True Power (which I think was DO and Ishmael's plan all along). This was pretty much in line with what I believe was their plan to try to get Rand to turn evil.

Now that Rand had found the light, her death, while tragic and horrible, will not have the same effect as it would have before his epiphany. I think she is pretty much out of the woods (other than the normal threat of being near the head representative for the Light).

Re-enforcing this theory is that there have been multiple visions/viewings/fortellings about 3 women at Rand's funeral pyre. To me this indicates that she will live to at least see his death.

I do think there is still something she will find in Fel's books that will help Rand and due to the hints laid out already, it will be something to do with Callandor and how it might be used at Shayol Ghul.

the only thing that we know about min's future is that she will love rand (that is how we get people thinking she might be lanfear regardless of how easy it is to slap that idea down) we don't know if min will have any of his kids, or even if she will survive the last battle. and when it comes down to it, all we do know is that min is the most dangerous person to have ever existed in the age of the dragon reborn. she is likely aware of that, i am certain that the thoughtful aes sedai get it, and i suspect that rand has understood it for quite some time, who else do you have research the end than the most dangerous person in the world?

im curious bout that, can you elaborate about min being a dangerous person? loved the stuff about moiraine and cads, what part is that from that she'll make her cry? i cant remember

cads has what i can only describe as a mean declaration against moir from the book new spring, where she promised to make moiraine cry like a novice (i wish i could remember the exact words, but cry like a novice is pretty mild) if she left without the two that cads wanted her to travel with. that is why both moir and suian suspect cadsuane as a df, because at least one of those two turned out to be one. but to say the least if cadsuane is bound to the three oaths, and actually remembers that inn, moiraine might be in a bad situation (not true though, i think moiraine is old enough now to understand what flying the bird is, she will pay that penance when she has to, or when she has time to, but not a moment sooner)

As much as I see Min as an important person to Rand, if something were going to happen to her, it would have already. Semirhage tried and successfully used her to drive Rand to use the True Power (which I think was DO and Ishmael's plan all along). This was pretty much in line with what I believe was their plan to try to get Rand to turn evil.

Now that Rand had found the light, her death, while tragic and horrible, will not have the same effect as it would have before his epiphany. I think she is pretty much out of the woods (other than the normal threat of being near the head representative for the Light).

Re-enforcing this theory is that there have been multiple visions/viewings/fortellings about 3 women at Rand's funeral pyre. To me this indicates that she will live to at least see his death.

I do think there is still something she will find in Fel's books that will help Rand and due to the hints laid out already, it will be something to do with Callandor and how it might be used at Shayol Ghul.

the only thing that we know about min's future is that she will love rand (that is how we get people thinking she might be lanfear regardless of how easy it is to slap that idea down) we don't know if min will have any of his kids, or even if she will survive the last battle. and when it comes down to it, all we do know is that min is the most dangerous person to have ever existed in the age of the dragon reborn. she is likely aware of that, i am certain that the thoughtful aes sedai get it, and i suspect that rand has understood it for quite some time, who else do you have research the end than the most dangerous person in the world?

im curious bout that, can you elaborate about min being a dangerous person? loved the stuff about moiraine and cads, what part is that from that she'll make her cry? i cant remember

and min is the most dangerous person in the world because she is the only person who can willfully mislead the dragon reborn, but beyond that, imagine min as morridin's pillow friend, instead of rand's. she knows what she does, but she doesn't understand it, but she actually knows it all, even though she doesn't understand it all. think of an old coin balance. she is the pivot. i think she knows it too, she seems in general afraid, but not for her life, and only a little more for rand's, she knows that the world is falling apart and that she might be the only one who can keep it together.

EDIT: i think the solution will come when she breaks down, falls apart, she will see it when she fails

I think you're going too far with Min being dangerous. Min loves Rand full-hearted if that's the way to say it. She will only act in favour of Rand. If you mean dangerous for the Shadow, I still can't see it. Her viewings are VERY important but she doen't knoe "everything". I still don't know what you mean by that. Only channelers have images all the time, and she understand maybe 1/100 of what she sees. Maybe she "sees" "everything" but she doesn't "know" nor she "understands" everything. There's no value in a view that she cannot understand.

IMO "she might be the only one who can keep it together" is a exaggeration. As I said her viewings are very important, and she may have some important things to reveal before this ends, but by no means she is the savior, just a "helper". I still think her main role is to be the one following Rand all throughout the last books, for without her Rand would have been broken long ago, and yes, I do think she has something important yet to do. But nothing more beyond that.

She's probably my favorit character along with Mat and Rand, and I would like to read a lot about her in aMoL, but I think she will take a very secondary position, and Elayne and Aviendha will take more relevance in Rand's chapters and movements.

Archived