DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello, hello! Another newbie, here. :)

Hello, everyone! It's a pleasure to join a group of fellow bookworms!

First things first, I'd like to apologize in advance for any errors, which I will almost definitely make, as I'm completely new to forums. Bear with me! :)

My sister originally introduced me to the WoT series. I'll admit, I wasn't very interested at first. The prologue didn't pique my interest, and I forgot about it until my 'To Read' stack disappeared. I decided to give it another

go, and I've been addicted ever since! I'm also proud to have passed it along to a few others, as well! :) I'm excited to have found DM, and looking forward to discussing WoT. Or any other books/authors, for that matter. I'm

also a music lover and I enjoy a good laugh, so I'm open to any topic.

Looking forward to meeting you. Thanks for having me!

Welcome aboard, nerdysickgirl! Interesting handle, that - would you care to tell us about it?

Please have a look around, as we have all kinds of things for you to do here. Social Groups (some loosely based on their namesakes in the books, some bearing no resemblance on the surface but dig deeper, but they're all places to be yourself, chat, play, participate or organise various events, and make friends), Role Playing Groups (definitely based on their namesakes), Discussion (debate) areas (about the Books as well as just general), and a few other odds and sods. Shout if you need help!

Hey, Elaida, thanks for the welcome! I'll be roaming around a bit, for sure. :) As for the handle, I'm sure you get the 'nerdy' bit, but the rest is a song reference. I'm a big fan of the band Social Distortion, and their song 'Sick Boy' is practically an anthem. So, no worries, my health is great! ;)

I love the band called the Sick Puppies *grins*

Oh and it's Elgee, not Elaida - the Admins thought it was a great joke to play on me to change my text to "DM's cuddly Elaida", since I'm the Amyrlin ... lol

Thanks, Pankhuri :)

That's a tough question. Egwene's story is probably my favorite to follow. And Rand's, of course. I also like Thom, Moiraine, Verin, Loial, and Aviendha. I'm really excited to see how Moiraine fits into the final book, and if the Ogier will fight at TG. :D

Welcome, I would give you a nickname, but a bunch of them don't sound complimentary, I'll just call you NSG. Welcome NSG! What do you think will be your favorite part, the WoT discussion and other discussions, games, social groups, RPing, or meeting new people?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome, Rand! :) As for a nickname, NSG is fine, but I gotta tell you, the first thing that came to mind was mono sodium glutamate, lol. I'd take 'Nerd' or 'Sickgirl' as a compliment any day, and my name is Lisa. I'm not picky, though, so whatever works best is okay by me. :) NSG is probably the easiest to go with, it just makes me crave Chinese food! ;)

As for DM, I'm really enjoying reading the discussions, and it's always fun to meet people with similar interests! I haven't really checked out the games and social groups yet, although I plan to. I've never done any RPing, so I have no idea how I'd take to that if i tried it, lol.

Thanks again, it's a pleasure meeting you all! :D

Archived