DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A couple of personal updates

JenniferL

I don't get a chance to talk with individuals nearly as much as I'd like, so I feel compelled to post these little updates periodically. This way you at least have an idea of what I'm up to here in "meatspace".

*Some of you know already, but I may be moving very soon. My husband's entire department is transferring to Alabama in a few months. He is interviewing for positions at other companies, and positions at the same company that aren't moving. I think its likely we'll be staying, but it'll be about a month before I know for sure.

* I'm still teaching middle school social studies. I'm insane, I know.

*I'm on the facilities crew for school. Our small charter school has completely outgrown its adorable little campus. I've been spending some late nights touring potential new locations and meeting with the board members and concerned parents. I love our campus, but it barely holds the amount of students we have this year, and we're adding two more classes next year. We have to move, or start hanging students from the ceiling.

*Another large chunk of time is being taken up by meetings concerning some of our students. We have two boys at our school who are completely unhinged and their parents (They are brothers) are basketcases. The mom was cussing at the language arts teacher this afternoon during dismissal. She screamed at me a few weeks ago in front of a gym full of students. I had to deal with this wacko mom last year with her oldest son. I'm completely over them now and would happily fill out enrollment papers for them at any of our competing schools.

*We're taking the entire middle school (grades 5-7) to Jekyll Island on the Georgia coast next month for three days. Its going to be awesome. We're also planning a trip to Washing DC in March.

*I'm going to be in Texas for Thanksgiving this year. Probably won't be offline, but may not get on every day.

So there.

Thanks for those updates!

I hope you don't have to move. I know that moving can really suck when you like living where you are.

I don't have as many updates as you, but I have one! I finally finished my internship applications and mailed them all. Interviews will be in December and January, and I will find out if/where I match in late February.

Archived