DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The wildcards of WoT

Mowbray

I have read through WoT, but there are some things that make me wonder. For instance, it's nearly impossible for Rand or Nynaeve to kill all the remaining Forsaken on their own. Logain, most likely, will be involved in Taim angle. Narishma and Flinn will be involved in Black Tower mess. Egwene will be involved in an angle with Rand, Gawyn and the resurrected Mesaana. In that case, Demandred, Graaendal, Cyndane, Moridin and Moghedien will be left uncontested, lest for Rand and Nynaeve. Apart from that, there are other angles that have to be handled, such as red-sails, the rebel Seanchan, red-veiled Aiel, the retreated Shaido, the dissent in Borderlands and like. These, I think, will be handled by less-expectant characters. Following are my choices, apart from the Asha'man in ToM:

1. Liandrin - the concept stands: "no one can remain in shadow for long to return back to light". The woman had been one of the main players from TGH to TFoH, before shoved off by Moghedien's shielding. As far as I know RJ, he won't throw his characters away so prematurely, but rather bring them back for later (see Bayle Domon). In such a case, I think Liandrin will find Nynaeve, have the shield removed and challenge Moghedien from the Light's side.

2. Ilturalde, Bryne and Bashere - Military generals. Their roles are undisputed important.

3. The Ebou Dari woman who has been traveling with Mat since WH - I don't remember her name, but she seems to be like an onion. I read through the entire book, and I did not yet encounter the fate of ter'angreal-studying Aes Sedai or Bonwhin. And RJ has constantly been saying that happenings in the tower has long being kept in dark from the world. Siuan's death-proclamation by the tower counts the talk. I feel this Ebou Dari - who sounds to be regretting about something at times is going to be a major player in quelling Caemlyn's siege.

4. Faile - The woman, till now, has only been Perrin's sidekick-sort till now. The way she killed Masema, however, shows her darker side, and Egwene's viewing of her kissing Perrin also seems significant. Is Perrin's marriage significant, or is it something else? I feel more of Faile is going to be revealed in AMoL.

5. Black Ajah sans Liandrin - They will be playing major roles. Haven't come out since Moghedien's fall to Nynaeve.

6. Rebel Seanchan king - For some reason, this guy's going to play a major role in the end.

What do you think who will play a major role in the end apart from the obvious characters?

Mesaana cant be ressurected, she aint dead. You forgot others that can handle forsaken such as aviendha.

I would be suprised if Liandrin returned in the last book of the series, RJ basically solved her plotline and might aswell have killed her. That she would return to the light and kill Moghedien wont happen, Nyanaeve wont allow her to roam free again but will rather send her to the justice of the tower. And if her shield would be removed she wont join the light but rather kill moghedien with reasoning of the dark side.

You also forgot about Cadsuane, the living legend that think this might be her last act, RJ might have considered her going out with a bang.

Archived