DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Piotrek to the BT!!!

Mrs. Cindy Gill

Great! I´m on my way. :biggrin:

About the restaurant - it´s hard to explain. The staff was very weired. The waiter asked us if we had eaten Polish food before and we said that we hadn´t. He showed us the menu which was a paper with a three-course meal. On the backside we saw that there were other courses too but he said we should eat the one on the front page. Okay? Well, we did as he said and ordered the food he wanted us to eat. Then he asked what we wanted to drink. My friend asked if there was a list of drinks we could look at but he said no and pointed at the bar. We asked about beer, meaning what kind of beers there were, and he came with two glasses of unknown beer. Probably Polish. lol (Later we realized that we were the only one not drinking vodka from big glasses.) The place was really cool though and the food was good. We ended up coming up with stories about the staff. Everyone acted very strange to each other. They had probably dead people in the cellar that they fed the guest with. :biggrin: Can´t explain more, you just had to be there. I wouldn´t mind going back there. lol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PiotrekS

It sounds interesting :smile:

Well, most Polish restaurants are pretty normal and therefore probably less interesting. They have menus in English (at least in Krakow) and nobody's drinking vodka from big glasses (vodka should in fact be drunk from really small glasses and also its consumption has fallen a lot in Poland in comparison to beer and wine). Although the staff sometimes can be pretty weird, that's true! :wink:

Guest PiotrekS

There are always people who make their own rules :biggrin:

Generally the idea is to empty the glass in one go. When it is filled with vodka, it is really tricky to manage with a big glass :tongue:

Glasses aren´t always necessary. When it comes to vodka I prefer not to drink it at all.

Maybe the Polish restaurant isn´t what you are used to in Poland. Most people think that what they serve at IKEA is typical Swedish food.

Guest PiotrekS

that's a shot. some people do shots, some people sip or drink. i don't usually do shots.

You are right, that's true. We generaly drink pure vodka in shots, when it is mixed with something then it can be in a bigger glass. It is difficult for many people, including me, to sip pure vodka because it does not taste too good. The shot allows you to get the effect and hardly feel the taste :tongue:

but of course you are right, it can be drunk how you like.

Glasses aren´t always necessary. When it comes to vodka I prefer not to drink it at all.

Maybe the Polish restaurant isn´t what you are used to in Poland. Most people think that what they serve at IKEA is typical Swedish food.

Isn't it?! :blink:

I'm also not a big fan of vodka. There are a lot of people in Poland who don't drink it or do it very rarely. Many women especially don't like it. The consumption is still big, but it is falling steadily.

Guest PiotrekS

E.g. in Krakow Ikea is far away from centre, restaurants etc. and many people spend all day choosing their furniture there. It is a good business decision to serve food on the spot, especially if you say it is typical Swedish food :wink:

Guest PiotrekS

I admire you :smile:

But I have drunk very little of good vodka, I admit :wink: I like wine. And mead (honey wine), a true Polish national drink.

Yeah, somehow it happens... Blame the Taint and go Light, of course :wink:

Stroke the cat from me if you will :smile:

I would love to say I could make you all some typical Swedish food but, as you know, anything beyond making tea is like climbing Mount Everest to me. :)

Good night. Sweet dreams. Don't dream about putting together furniture from IKEA. :p

Archived