DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello! (New guy here)

zfnorth

Hello!

I'm new to the site, and I've been lurking for a bit. Decided it was time to register so I can post and whatnot.

I came to the books by audiobook. I've got a terrible commute to work, so I got into audible, and stumbled on WoT about the same time Robert Jordan passed. Currently, I'm on my second listen-through. Hopefully I should be done by the time AMoL comes out.

I'm in Atlanta, and I've been to some of the WoT track events at Dragoncon, but (amazingly) didn't know about Jordancon until recently.

Anyway, hello!

Welcome to dm!!!

Have you read any of the books at all, or have you only listened?

Which parts and characters are your favorites?

What are you looking for out of dm?

If you have any questions, just ask :)

I read a few chapters of New Spring on paper, but it didn't feel right. I gather that most people have problems pronouncing that various names correctly. I had the reverse problem. The first time I saw "Aes Sedai" written down, I had no idea what it was, lol.

My favorite characters, apart from Rand, are Mat and (gasp) Cadsuane. I hear Cadsuane is roundly hated, but I think she's just what Rand needs, more often than not. The cleansing of Saidin in WH is probably my favorite part. I also really dig Rand in Rhuidean, glimpsing the truth of the Aiel's past, and when Lan is coaching him to meant Suane. Mat during the battle at Cairhien has always stuck with me.

I actually like Cadsuane. I agree--Rand needed her. The only character I really hate is Min (and Gawyn somewhat)

Love those parts as well :)

I can get how that would be confusing. I want to hear the books to make sure I'm pronouncing everything right. I think I have most of them down :P

I actually like Cadsuane. I agree--Rand needed her. The only character I really hate is Min (and Gawyn somewhat)

Love those parts as well :)

I can get how that would be confusing. I want to hear the books to make sure I'm pronouncing everything right. I think I have most of them down :P

I third this, Rand needed Cadsuane. I know I'm probably pronouncing 1/2 the names wrong but as no one I physically talk to reads

the books, I prefer my own pronunciation lol. Welcome to DM!

Welcome to DM!!

Actually I like Cadsuane too :) She's just a Personality! biggrin.gif

Who is your least favorite character? (If you have one lol) Or who is your favorite Forsaken?

Feel free to ask if you've got any questions!

I hope you will like it here!! :)

My least favorite character? Probably Noal/Jain Farstrider. He seemed unnecessary to me, and it was a distraction during the Tower of Genji scenes which should have been about Mat and Moraine.

On my first listen-through, I wasn't into Faile, but I'm liking her more on my second go (currently in the 1st third of ACoS).

As for the forsaken, well, I like Demandred best when I thought he was Taim. Now that I know better, I dunno. Sammael? He showed the greatest range of plots, imo. There's a case for Graendal along those lines too, I suppose, but the Beowulf-ish name bugs me. It makes me think of her as ugly, contrary to description.

*raises up her "I Hate Egwene" flag*

Egwene haters over here, please!

Anyways...

*gives Chili and Cookies*

WELCOME!

I am currently doing a reread, this time with Audiobook with my husband. It has been so different hearing it all. I was getting so many names wrong!

*raises up her "I Hate Egwene" flag*

Egwene haters over here, please!

Anyways...

*gives Chili and Cookies*

WELCOME!

I am currently doing a reread, this time with Audiobook with my husband. It has been so different hearing it all. I was getting so many names wrong!

So what's the deal with the Egwene hatin'? She seems pretty reasonable to me.

*hides from thrown chili*

SHE IS WHINEY!

Actually, when I was younger, I loved her. I wanted to be her. Seriously, I wanted to be Egwene. (Keep in mind I am 22 now and started reading at the age of 10).

About my 4th-5th reread, I think I was about 16 by then, I started thinking she was annoying. I think it was my 8th Reread that I started donning the flag. She is just flat out annoying and whiney. Grow some balls, girl. It will be ok!

SHE IS WHINEY!

Actually, when I was younger, I loved her. I wanted to be her. Seriously, I wanted to be Egwene. (Keep in mind I am 22 now and started reading at the age of 10).

About my 4th-5th reread, I think I was about 16 by then, I started thinking she was annoying. I think it was my 8th Reread that I started donning the flag. She is just flat out annoying and whiney. Grow some balls, girl. It will be ok!

Pregnant Elayne is worse for me, and Perrin sans Faile stains my mood at times.

LOL I will agree that pregnant Elayne is pretty bad.

So you said you have been a lurker. Where are you planning to venture? Staying in discussions or heading down to the Social Groups?

Dunno yet. I have an unusual amount of free time this week, so I'm tempted to over-commit to things.

Archived