DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

For all Star Wars Fans....with a difference!!!

Talya

Not exactly! Our decorations are up, tree's been here for just over a month.... My parents are out Christmas shopping today, and I'm going when they're done, because I haven't gotten anything for anyone yet. XD It's a little late to knit something for anyone, although I'm sure for most people I can give them IOUs for later. XD

We are excited, because we get to talk to CJ (my brother) on Sunday; all the missionaries get to call home on Christmas for an hour or so. I can't wait to talk to him! :laugh: Even though he's only been gone a month. >.>

How about you? Got awesome plans? :laugh:

Sounds like you have a busy couple of days then. I actually have everything done, wrapped etc. Which is good as I now have a chest infection and have been told to rest (this last weeks have been manic).

It's good that you will hopefully hear from your brother. I hope that you do. I'm off to my Sisters for the day (if I can go - her mother-in-law is there and has just been through chemo and radiotherapy for cancer, and because of my infection it might not be a good idea to go - hopefully I will feel a lot better by then)

Nothing wrong with IOUs especially when made by your own fair hands!

Out of Interest, what do you do for food (this is open to anyone). I ask this, because we have Turkey here, but I know you guys have that for Thanksgiving, so do you have Turkey or something else?

Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your infection, Talya! *snuggles gently* I hope you get better soon, too. Both for your own comfort and so you can go see your sister! It's the season for family. =D

One year I gave my sister an IOU and a bag of Gardetto's snack mix... It was a running joke in our family because this was a few years back, and I FINALLY repaid her last Christmas. >.> But with the knitting stuff, I think people are definitely more likely to be willing to wait, especially if I can tell them what I plan on making them. =)

Oh yeah, we still haven't followed through on posting pictures of our knitting, have we? XD We have to do that. ;)

Hmm...food.... I dunno...I think my grandparents usually put out a banquet of sorts...LOTS of food. I think they usually do ham? Not sure. My family...ham, usually, although I don't know that we do MUCH extra-special for Christmas dinner unless we have guests over. XD

But yeah...I think it's ham, usually. Although, we do still have a leftover turkey from Thanksgiving...all McDonald's employees in our area get a free Jennie-O turkey for Thanksgiving. I got one last year, and my brother got one this year, and I think we only used one. :laugh:

the other humns i know do ham and turkey and roast beef and yams with granny smith apples, and tons of mashed potatoes and gravy whatever veggies look good and cranberry sauce and macaroni and cheese and stuffing white bread and corn bread both usually with sausage and rice with ground beef and i think chopped olives and onions and probably a handfull of chopped raisins and cumin and chili type stuff and also an all meat stuffing and bacon on all the stugging and meat except the ham which gets glazed and pies and pies and pies, extra sweet potato chiffon pie, and apple, and cherry, and blueberry and pecan, and cakes, always a grand marnier cake, and always a chocolate cake, and always a carrot cake, and about a million different cookies and jam tartlets, and looooooooots of liquor and wine, and coffee and tea, and bread and butter, buttermilk white bread and rolls, and soups, and then they go into a coma for a week.

i don't attend. i'll probably have salad or maybe some chili. or maybe i'll put the chili on the salad, that's always good.

or maybe soup. or perhaps pancakes. we'll see how the night goes.

and liquor.

some of the humans may bring me back leftovers which i will probably feed to their dogs when they're not looking except the turkey and cranberry sauce.

glad to see your dogs get fed well, I always put some aside for Sam when he was alive...

Wow!! Meesh, that is a lot.

We normally have Roast turkey with roast potatoes and veg with cranberry sauce (though I don't have that), and pigs in blankets (cooked with the turkey - thats sausages in bacon).

Now a question! do you guys have sprouts...Brussel Sprouts are always a round this time of year and one of the veggies we have with our Christmas dinner. You either hate them or love ( I love them, my daughter can't get enough of them) however give them to you dog and the smell, worse than giving them broccoli!

We have ham, but mostly in the days after, so cold turkey and ham for days following!

again, I don't participate in th feasting, but most of the humans I know have sprouts with the meal and some of them still do them the way I did when I did participate.

I love sprouts. breaded and fried in garlic and olive oil. but any things good that way.

my mom steams them and serves with crispy bacon and butter. also good.

~I've done them with garlic and Pancetta, which is between the two...very tasty that way! Not tried them breaded though!

We have this thing over here that you need to get them on at Easter to be ready for Christmas (a bit of a joke obviously) LOL.

theyre best after a good hard frost so i only use them if it's been cold.

you blanch them first to bread them, take them to within a minute of being done, halve or quarted the big ones. drain, dry, cool. dredge in seasoned flour. dip in egg beaten with water. roll in seasoned bread crumbs. fry in hot olive oil and at the end, which should just take a minute or so till they're set and browned, toss in lots of razor scliced garlic. and parsley if you like, and a fresh crack of black pepper.

is good.

Archived