DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

This is Dimlight!

dimlight25

My real name is Dylan Workman. I live in Bellevue Nebraska(Center of the United States). I started reading the Wheel of time in 7th grade because my grandma told my brother to read it, but he didn't want to so he gave me the Eye of the World. By the next year in 8th grade i finished Knife of Dreams... crazy if you ask me. For all i know, she put some...stuff... into the mixture that makes the pages so i get addicted. I hated books before the Wheel of Time. I just hated waiting for the Gathering Storm and Towers of Midnight, and still hate waiting for Memory of Light. I'm currently in 10th grade, and you know how teens are if they want something. Well most of you do. My parents and their friends say i got the mind of a 25-30 year old. From 9th grade to 10th i've read other books by Brandon Sanderson and a few other authors. I love Brandon's series the Stormlight Archive, book one, The Way Of Kings. it is very similar to the Wheel of Time and recommend all of you to read it. It just came out last year in August 2010. That series to me is rivaling for 1st place with the Wheel of Time. i've also read his Mistborn Trilogy and Elantris. those are very good reads as well. i also read 2 book series by Orson Scott Card called The Serpent World, and Mithermages. Book 2 in serpent world will come out this coming year and the ext one in Mithermages comes out after the 2nd Serpent World. The first book in Serpent World is Pathfinder(Amazing!) and the first one in Mithermages is The Lost Gate. Serpent world takes place on a different planet 4000 years after the evacuation of Earth, but turns out that the hyperjump thingy(lol great wording) that took them there cloned every human 19 times in 19 different ships and time traveled 4000 years into the past, and the only way to land on the planet was crash all 19 ships (that are huge) into the planet to change its revolvetion to close to 24 hours, and basically once they landed, it killed everything. the book starts at the point of veiw of a kid about 14-15 years old, in what seems like medieval times(?) you'd think that it is high tech? i wont spoil anything ;D the kid has a power to see people's previously traveled paths, and able to travel in time.

at the end of the story(just to let you know there was 2 ships to evacuate Earth, one to test hyper jump, and other was just to tavel normal speed) and the other ship gets ready to land with where the 19 are located. Good book :). the first book in mithermages is about the Norse gods, basically. it takes place in modern time, and the powers and gods of the Norse are not immortal and powers over exaggerated. the main character starts at 13 and at end of the first book is 16-17. he is a gate mage able to make "gates" like gateways in wheel of time, and there are other mages like mages that comunicate with animals and mages that work with nature. these powers are just like the One Power, and they arn't able to get back to their original planet, so they are stuck on Earth in modern times... because Loki closed all the Great Gates cuz he was a Gatemage as well. I wont say anything more.

the last series im currently reading is a replica of World War 2 in Fantasy Medieval terms. It is VERY close to World war 2, there are nukes with dragons as planes and leviathans as submarines with other animals as tanks and have both unicorns and horses as cavary and a gun run on magic energy called a Stick...lol name... want to know more about these books just post or post to say HI :D

Well lots about other books but you didn't state anything specific about WoT!!!

Glad you decided you liked books!!!

So which parts and characters are your favorites?

Welcome to dm!!!

If you have any questions just ask :D

I've been posting 'bout the WoT characters in the general forums :D I like the original Rand in books 1-3 before he became Dark Rand not caring about anything, even making the Forsaken fear him until they crap themselves due to balefire usage... I did enjoy it, left you wondering what he would do next. I also hated when he almost killed Tam... my heart ached to that, i also liked Rand in Sedai form as well.He seemed like he could take on anything and survive. Even Morden doesn't seem like a pain to him anymore. He is basically back to normal besides his total fusion with Lews Therin. I also liked how he cryed to his father after he fused with Lews Therin. It showed he was still human like everyone else in public. But i REALLY liked Rand when he was shy, very nice, had fear, and didnt want to kill anything inclueding trollocs.

Ill post about the other charaters on the General Forums. :D

Asmodean is my favorite Forsaken. I had a feeling that he would turn once again to the light, but he just had to die didn't he and get reborn back to the dark... sigh...

My least favorite character... dunno... i like them all equally, except for the Seanchan Princess that's now the Empress... don't really like her.

Archived