DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

COUPONS

U4ea

So, something I've started doing since Tadpole came along is really working on collecting coupons. In September, I saved $100, just in coupons. That was without me trying very hard, either. I've stepped it up a little since then, though my husband refuses to let me loose to building a stockpile and, until I finally get a paycheck again, I'm a little short on funds (which is the reason I started this to begin with...).

I was just wondering, if anyone here was interested in my finds (I got a free Transformer Action Figure from Target for Peanut last month, for example). I can stop in and post, but if I'm talking to myself, it seems kind of silly.

So, anyone else into this stuff and wanna have a go at making it a thing here at the Kin?

I saved $55.60 in coupons and sales yesterday! That was 26% of what we would've spent!

I usually get my coupons from the paper, too, actually. There are a few websites I haunt with printable ones and I keep up with a few bloggers who have Facebook pages, but otherwise, I don't have much time to play with it. Every little bit helps, though, and I'm already at $73.45 in savings for the month of October!

When I combine coupons with my work discount I save even a little more (so long as discount is taken before coupons are scanned.)

I work at Walmart and get 10% off most things (nothing on a "rollback," no food, though Soda, snack food, and fresh produce get a discount.)

I bet that comes in handy at birthday and Christmas time! How much does it usually save you? I'm a teacher, so no discounts here. Barnes & Noble has a teacher discount, but until they let me stack it with my regular discount card, it's pretty useless. :(

It saves a little bit. I haven't had it over a holiday yet, as I've only been there something like 5 months.

Since tax here is something like 8.25%, I pay less than sticker price for everything I buy at work {well, everything that is eligible for the discount}.

Guest Tiren Sedai

My sister-in-law is really into the cupon thing. She has a whole binder where she keeps them seperated and takes it with her when she goes shoping. I should probablly think about doing that. Dave and I are having to really try and save money where we can. Last year, we lived with his dad - so that helped us in bills. But now we have our own house - things are a little different. Guess I better start lookin for cupons in those papers.

that is pretty awesome.

Oh, this isn't coupon, but it is kinda shopping related.

I work at a Walmart, in the Electronics/Wireless/Photo Lab/Layaway department.

Some of ya'll may have seen Walmart is doing Layaway for Christmas.

Just a warning: Black Friday there will be no layaway avaliable. You can make payments, but you can't add to or create a new layaway account.

• 5 weeks later...

I've caught a few episodes of that show. I'm intrigued and in awe. LOL, I'm just excited when I can get stuff for less than a dollar! I did manage to cut my grocery bill by almost a third this week. :)

Good sales, stockpiling, lots of coupons and more than one transaction at the grocery store! It's crazy, either way. I'll get there someday. LOL I managed to get it under a hundred dollars theast few weeks. :)

• 2 months later...

Fro a different take, I buy small books of entertainment coupons from school fundraisers. I use one or two coupons and I've already saved as much as I spent for the books. I use the Kohl's ones too and then they send me a card worth $10.00 in cash. We buy turkeys after Thanksgiving and put them in our freezer in the garage.

Awesome ideas, Ryrin! I'm buying one of those books from the drug store. They are pretty high dollar coupons!

We like to spend too much $$ on entertainment/eating out and those books really help.

Archived