DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Noob from JordanCon

MamaSita

Hey everybody!

I'm new to the forums. I learned about this site at JordanCon.

I'm doing a re-read now and I have found myself wanting to chat about the books as I go through them again. This will only be my 2nd time through the series and I have found the re-read to be fascinating! I was told that the re-read would be better than the first time through and what an understatement. I have found the foreshadowing to be so brilliant and it is really making the books more enjoyable. I find that I understand things with better depth that I couldn't catch on the first read through. Some of the foreshadowing happens SO far in advance that you can't possibly remember it 10 books later as a first timer. Seeing these hints now just excites me to read faster. The series is by far at the top of my list of best books EVER!

I've found that I like certain characters more on the re-read than I did the first time. I also find that I'm hesitant to put it down when I know a "good part" is coming up. I also really like knowing who is Black Ajah/Darkfriends on the re-read. I see more depth than before with certain characters.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to chatting it up about the books and various other topics.

MamaSita

If you could be any character in the books who would you like to be?

Interesting question. I'd expect most people ask "who's your favorite", but that might not be the same as who I would like to BE.

I really like Min a lot, if I could BE someone, and have their talents, that's probably who I'd choose. I like her ability to view people as well as her attitude towards life.

Do you have a least-favourite WoT character? Who?

I hope I'm not being roped into hating Egwene. ;-) I LOVE Egwene.

Don't stone me for telling the truth, because I know he's a fave amoung many...but I disliked Mat on my first read-through. It always annoyed me how immature he was and I didn't "get" his humor very well on my firt read through. And all the war POVs were kind of boring, so he kinda ended up being my least fave of the main characters. The funny thing is, on my second read-through, I really like Mat a lot. I did like him more by the end of the series my first time and i think on the second read, I know his character development is coming, so I'm more forgiving of his immaturity. It seems like he takes the longest to grow though.

I find pretty much everyone to be likable and I really like all of the different character traits (even when some of them are annoying).

She asks least favorite because I hog the "who's your favorite character?" and "what's your favorite part?" questions O:) I'm also usually the one that gives tours

I also like Egwene. Don't worry there's more of us than you'd think

I also was very annoyed with Mat... Until the last few books. I like him... Around when Olver comes into the picture

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

And welcome to dm!!!!

Do you have a least-favourite WoT character? Who?

I hope I'm not being roped into hating Egwene. ;-) I LOVE Egwene.

Don't stone me for telling the truth, because I know he's a fave amoung many...but I disliked Mat on my first read-through. It always annoyed me how immature he was and I didn't "get" his humor very well on my firt read through. And all the war POVs were kind of boring, so he kinda ended up being my least fave of the main characters. The funny thing is, on my second read-through, I really like Mat a lot. I did like him more by the end of the series my first time and i think on the second read, I know his character development is coming, so I'm more forgiving of his immaturity. It seems like he takes the longest to grow though.

I find pretty much everyone to be likable and I really like all of the different character traits (even when some of them are annoying).

I was shocked that you didn't get Mat's humor at the beginning but I agree with the fact that he took the longest to grow up. :wheel::bandredhand:

Bienvenidos MamaSita. Glad that you have decided to visit us here. I agree that you get much more of the depth of story and character development on the rereads. My problem was when I read it the first time I so wanted to find out what happened nest that I missed the more subtle points.

You will probaly want to start on the discussion boards. They are varied and interesting. Since you have read the entire series you won't have to worry about spoilers.

If you have any questions, just go ahead and ask. Most can be answered whereever you are. Or just post your questions here and we will help you out.

Welcome again.

Archived