DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gateways, the ultimate weapon?

omaleyb

the number one problem with most of these problems, we see channellers open gateways but one end of them is always NEAR the channeller, thus the lava thing, water thing, and others would likely destroy the channeller

Come on, surely they could quickly step aside? Elayne managed to run away pretty far from her partly unraveled Gate.

For the lava/water that could be a problem. if water gushes out of your Gateway and you're near it -- you have a problem. a flood moves VERY fast.

For other things, like traps or high altitude scouting - you could hide it like Assmo did.

Use another gateway as a escape route, open gateway to lava/water, raise a shield to protect himself/herself, or if not possible, jump through the escape gateway.

If they can't keep a gateway open from afar, like Rand did, they can use a raken to maintain his position close to the gate, but above the danger zone.

Great :smile: Anyway, use it wisely in the terrain where you can run to the hill or surprise your enemy when in a valley or gorge, like with Perrin and Whitecloaks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point Nothing!

I love this thread, it's so creative! :laugh:

Yeah, open the Gate under the ocean and let the water flood the enemies. Or inside SG/DM so that the lava flow out...

Or open a horizontal gateway under the enemy so that they all fall into DM..

I like it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A real Wile E. Coyote moment, that... :wink:

Just got done reading CoS and Rand used Gateways in his battle with Sammael(?). A lot of people are mentioning using it for guerrila attacks. There's many times referenced that they couldn't gate into wherever because of the wards and traps for channelers. There was a time in the book where Rand opened a gate REAL close to an AM and hoped he'd lose a hand, so the thoughts DO occur to them to slice people with them. I don't know why they never did though. :huh:

Just got done reading CoS and Rand used Gateways in his battle with Sammael(?). A lot of people are mentioning using it for guerrila attacks. There's many times referenced that they couldn't gate into wherever because of the wards and traps for channelers. There was a time in the book where Rand opened a gate REAL close to an AM and hoped he'd lose a hand, so the thoughts DO occur to them to slice people with them. I don't know why they never did though. :huh:

its a lot of effort to slice something, the same could be done with a filiment of air or fire or earth or water. And it would be much less taxing upon the channeller and be much more wieldy

Archived