DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is Alanna Black Ajah?

Taelin

3) Alanna might have another important part to play; after all, if Verin was able to "penetrate" blacks who to say she was the only one (not to say that there are scores of spies or anything like that but that Verin might have kept an eye for possible recruit or something along the lines).

I've brought up this possibility myself but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to get a lot of consideration. I suppose people don't find Alanna clever enough to survive as a disloyal servant of the Shadow like Verin. But assuming she was a very dark Green, as opposed to a full on Black, it would explain a lot.

Personally, I still think she's a red herring. Having said that, if she is a member of the Black Ajah, it wouldn't shock me, as long she was something like Verin -- it would shock me if she was committed though.

It would shock me that RJ would use the same plot twist twice. If Alanna is black then so be it, let her be a real black with a serious intent. If she isn't, let her die in battle / pass the bond / marry Luckers (no pun intended) / whatever she is supposed to do in aMoL

This is a good point, repeating the same story kind of doesn't make sense.

However, she bonded Rand, who knows the effects such a bond might have on the black. Isn't DR supposed to break all bond (double meaning is something that is not new)

One thing that really gets me thinking that she is BA is b/c of her constant crying. I mean I know her warder died and all but that should have past (enough time has past) and yet she still behaves weird as hell. What if by bonding Rand she now has a conflict inside her - DO bond vs. Veins of Gold (Nay vision of Rand's brain).

Anyways, just also wanted to comment on Verin taking her to TR so she is not BA - and who would ask Verin what she wanted? She didn't rank high or anything and she said herself that she had to do things and pay her dues. On the other hand, if Verin is black and shadow looking for boys that were from two river I doubt Verin going to TR without BA knowing. And it would make sense that if you send one, or see one BA going there, you would send another along - just to keep an eye on each other.

Anyways, this is something that hopefully will be resolved. I personally would love to finally see someone who walked in the shadow and actually returned to the light for once without dying on the spot.

Rand wasn't always Rand Sedai, but still that would be stressful for a black. As to wouldn't Verin have written down for Egwene if Allana were black, No. Verin is out for Rand, Mat, and Perrin. Remember is GH when Rand was offbalance Verin started rambling to give him time. She knows AS, and knows that they don't necessarily have the same goals.

I think the crying is a mix between losing her Warder - AND being tied to someone as powerful as Rand and sharing in his heartache. He has been eating himself up inside with his guilt over getting women killed, facing his pending doom, destroying the Aiel, etcetera... and I think she's just been mirroring those feelings. Remember when our little princess got tipsy when Birgit got soused... or when Min and Avienda got all hot and bothered when Rand and Elayne created the beast with two backs?

I am wondering if perhaps Allana may be BA as a "plan within a plan" created by the DO. Just add a "Don't respond to anyone that flashes the BA signs at you" and Verin may never know. We do know that the BA has worked like terrorist cells - with one group not knowing of other groups' existences - this may be a similar thing.

I would bet that when the final battle is about to happen, if Rand goes popping here and there and everywhere for a while before the battle, even HE knows that she's BA, and she'll be outed shortly thereafter... IF she's BA to begin with.

Archived