DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Foreshadowing?

JeffWeissberg

it's always great to notice the little tidbits of foreshadowing that you only recognize during rereads. But I came across a quote yesterday from WH that jumped out as me as possible foreshadowing.

WH:25 (Far Madding)

"You listen to me, Rand al'Thor. I won't let you die. And if you manage it just to spite me, I'll follow you and bring you back." Suddenly a thick vein of amusement rippled through the seriousness he felt in his head. Her voice took on a mock sternness: "And then I'll bring you back here to live. I'll make you grow your hair below your waist and wear hair clips with moonstones"

Now I can't help but picture poor Rand at the mercies of his women stuck in Far Madding for the rest of his life...

it's always great to notice the little tidbits of foreshadowing that you only recognize during rereads. But I came across a quote yesterday from WH that jumped out as me as possible foreshadowing.

"You listen to me, Rand al'Thor. I won't let you die. And if you manage it just to spite me, I'll follow you and bring you back." Suddenly a thick vein of amusement rippled through the seriousness he felt in his head. Her voice took on a mock sternness: "And then I'll bring you back here to live. I'll make you grow your hair below your waist and wear hair clips with moonstones"

Now I can't help but picture poor Rand at the mercies of his women stuck in Far Madding for the rest of his life...

That would certainlt put him in another thread, "worst fates". :rand::sad:

This is one of the many foreshadowings I cited for the theory that Nynaeve will rip Rand out of Tel'aran'rhiod when he dies.

This is one of the many foreshadowings I cited for the theory that Nynaeve will rip Rand out of Tel'aran'rhiod when he dies.

Good theory, but if she's doing this so they can bring him near a Guardian and force him to wear hair clips with moonstones, he'll probably chose to remain in TaR.

Good theory, but if she's doing this so they can bring him near a Guardian and force him to wear hair clips with moonstones, he'll probably chose to remain in TaR.

Indeed. But there is other foreshadowing and possible mythological borrowing that suggests the Westwood will become the personal forest of the Lord of the Two Rivers. Only Perrin, his steward, will be able to hunt there. As for the adventurous few, wards should take care of that, but a sighting or two is required. So, Min's comment is part foreshadowing, part joke.

Archived