DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand vs the DO, how it will play out

Durinax

Agree  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is plausible?

prophecies I believe to be linked to the final struggle with teh DO:

A glowing sword, Callandor, being gripped in a black hand.

"Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized."

Dark clouds pushed away by the sunlight's warmth. Rand, a brilliant white sword held in his hand, wielded against one of black, held by a faceless darkness. (I think this is just saying that teh true battle is just beginning or the battle of wills that will happen)

•"...and the Blade will bind him by twain."

I believe that Rand will use callandor at Shayol Ghul allowing Shai'tan to seize his body and soul.

now heres the callandor connection, in order to have callandor be effective it has been stated that 2 women must be in on it with rand. Now the one other thing we have seen that needs 2 women and 1 man is the domination band. Using the domination band I think that his two women will be able to barely keep control over possessed rand

and here comes fain, I think that fain will then stab rand through the heart with his dagger.

through the connection between rand and shaitan, the DO will be severely damaged.... like a person with aggressive cancer,

allowing the actual sealing to be done by logain and the women resulting in a perfect sealing due to the DO being so preoccupied with his infection (fain) that he cannot counterstrike.

(unrelated) I did a quick search and didnt see a topic, may have used the wrong words before. I just want others opinions on this.

Why would a dom band be needed at all?

I think that the control it gives would be important (but I think that callandor has a function much the same as a domination band if properly used, does anyone know if a woman has to lead the circle?) if the DO actually does sieze "all that [rand] is" to prevent possessed rand from striking at the forces of light

Why would a dom band be needed at all?

I think that the control it gives would be important (but I think that callandor has a function much the same as a domination band if properly used, does anyone know if a woman has to lead the circle?) if the DO actually does sieze "all that [rand] is" to prevent possessed rand from striking at the forces of light

A woman has to lead the circle.

A woman has to lead the circle.

Wasn't this refuted recently in another thread, or at least an inconsistency pointed out on RJ's part with regards to when Rand cleansed saidin? I don't remember which thread it was but someone pointed out that one of the Asha'man led a circle there with two Aes Sedai, while in an earlier book Lanfear & other FS all agreed that a circle of one man & two women needed a woman to lead.

Edit- Found it:

Logain is bonded to two Aes Sedai, isn't he? Instant Callandor-circle.. though he will need to relinquish control to one of the women.

Hrm, wasn't this debunked? BWB error I believe that he'd have to give up control? We saw it wasn't true at the taint cleansing?

In a circle of one man and one woman (Rand and Nynaeve) the man can control. In circle with 2 women and 1 man, a woman controls. That's why the Asha'man (don't remember his name) had to jump in front of his Aes Sedai to save her when he felt a woman (Aran'gar) channeling saidin. Because the Aes Sedai was controlling the flows and he couldn't channel himself.

Not necessarily:

During the cleansing of the taint:

Daigian was leading the circle-because of him, he thought-but she was drawing so lightly that he felt barely a whisper

of saidin passing through him. She would not want to face that until she had to. He lifted her cowl back

into place on her head, and she smiled at him from its depths. The bond carried her affection to him, and

his own back, he supposed. With time, he thought he might come to love this little Aes Sedai.

The torrent of saidin far behind him had a tendency to wash out his awareness of other channeling, but

he could feel others wielding the Power. The battle had been joined, elsewhere, and so far all the four of

them had done was walk. He did not mind that much, really. He had been at Dumai's Wells, and fought

the Seanchan, and he had learned that battles were more fun in a book than in the flesh. What did irk him

was that he had not been given control of the circle. Of course, Jahar had not, but he figured Merise

amused herself by making Jahar balance a cookie on his nose. Damer had been given control of that

circle, though.

Clearly a man can lead a circle of two women, since Damer was linked with Corele and Sarene. There isn't a limitation on the number of women in a circle that a man can lead. Eben clearly wanted to lead his circle but wasn't allowed too. Hindsight being 20/20, Eben should have had control of the circle for at least 3 reasons: 1) has experience with saidin, the more difficult to control of the two (because of the taint) 2) He can detect saidin and saidar in a person (Daigan could not and it caused his death) 3) Even though Daigian is much older and more experienced with the OP, she isn't as experienced in battles, strategy, tactics, or offensive/defensive weaves as Eben.

In general, no, a woman does not have to lead the circle; but in the specific case of Callandor she does, to guide the flows, because of the flaw in it. According to Cadsuane, anyway (TPoD27).

That's what I meant. Sorry if I was not clear.

But still, that doesn't explain this quote of Lanfear talking to Sammael about herself, Graendal & Rahvin linking:

"If Rahvin trusts us enough to link when he must allow one of us to guide," the melodious voice said, "you can display an equal trust."

But still, that doesn't explain this quote of Lanfear talking to Sammael about herself, Graendal & Rahvin linking:

"If Rahvin trusts us enough to link when he must allow one of us to guide," the melodious voice said, "you can display an equal trust."

Maybe she's referring to the fact that a woman needs to form the link and would thus have control of the link unless she passes control to another. And since the Forsaken are so distrusting of one another, the woman creating the link isn't likely to pass control to Rahvin or another in the link.

Archived