DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

OverClocked Remix

Locke

Like Civilization II. It isn't even full-screen. Just a window, like an internet browser. But I also play games like Need for Speed 3, that have music specially made for the game, and that no one wants to listen without racing.

Yeah, computers games aren't really known for their music. Of Ocremix's 7000 or so mixes, I'd bet less than 100 are computer games. (I have 2, an Age of Empires one, and then one of the grammy award winning song, Baba Yetu, from Civ IV)

Civ II's a good game. I would still play it, except it doesn't seem to be compatible with my Windows 7. >.< Either that or the CD it was burned onto is no longer functional. (I don't know where our original went)

My brother played Civ1 some time. It is much like Civ2, but the Settlers already cost 2 food at monarchy, and computers are able to build world wonders in one turn. In Civ2, they don't do that, but he once saw that they built half a world wonder in 2 turns, with 4 production. I must say I like 2 most, because your cities don't grow when you build settlers or workers in 4. And I also don't like that the maps are small, while I do like the culture.

Skyward Sword? I can't get it, don't have the right console. >.< (Lolz)

Heh, the computers get such insane production bonuses (among other things) at higher difficulties. Can anyone seriously be victorious on the hardest difficulty with standard settings.

Yeah, settlers/workers work differently in all 3 games, drastically changing how one goes about early expansion.

My brother has been victorious on Deity. And it wasn't hard for him. I can too, by the way (in 2). Just expand (you don't need defense in the start), but you have your first unhappy when your city is size 2. Just built settlers, and cities. When you have something like 10 cities, the first civilian in the city is unhappy. You must have temples in your first cities at that point. And, also at that point, first built a temple in a new city. Also, build wonders like the Hanging Gardens and Michelangelo's Chapel fast. They make people content/happy in each city. Also a new city you built. And don't forget the Oracle (double's the effect of temples). You will not likely get more ancient world wonders. At some point, the first civilian in your city is not red, but black. These need twice as much of a temple to become content, but are happy with only two luxeries, or the Hanging Gardens. When you don't have Hanging Gardens or Oracle, this is the point to become Republic. And then do 40 or 50 % luxeries. And become Democracy as fast as possible after that. Then all you have to do, is expand and research. Don't forget to built Adam Smith's Trading Company on your way, and first go for techs like Explosives (Engineers) and Railroad. Railroad cancels the Hanging Gardens, but Cure for Cancer (somewhat after Railroad, from the tech of Genetic Engineering) has the same effect. Then go for Robotics. This gives you Howizers, and they have Ignore City Walls, 12 attack and 2 movement. Then it is easy to capture cities. Most computer players will have railroad at that point, so you can sometimes capture 20 cities in one turn. If you encounter an enemy before you have Howizers (which you will almost certainly do), then try to make peace. If you get war, use Diplomats or Spies. They don't cost upkeep, and under Democracy and Republic no citizens become unhappy. Also use some Crusaders. If you find a city, save, move your Diplomat/Spy to it, do "industrial sabotation" (or something like that), and load until you destroy the City walls. Then attack with your Crusaders. It works, so if you can ever play it...

Heh, I haven't played Civ II in like 8 years, so most of what you said went in one ear, had coffee with some relatives, and then out the other. (Translation: I recall very little of Civ II. Almost all of my Civ experience and knowledge is either from Civ III and IV)

I always think of my own city names...

Didn't you find the Aztec city names awesome? These:

Tenochtitlan

Teotihuacan

Tlatelolco

Texcoco

Tlaxcala

Calixtlahuaca

Xochicalco

Tlacopan

Atzcapotzalco

Tzintzuntzen

Malinalco

Tula

Tamuin

Teayo

Cempoala

Chalco

Tlalmanalco

Ixtapaluca

Huexotla

Tepexpan

Tepetlaoxtoc

Chiconautla

Zitlaltepec

Coyotepec

Tequixquiac

Jilotzingo

Tlapanaloya

Tultitlan

Ecatepec

Coatepec

Chalchihuites

Chiauhtia

Chapultepec

Itzapalapa

Ayotzinco

Iztapam

That's a good idea.

Nope, not really. Although I'd often use Papua New Guinea city names.

Heh, so a couple screenshots got me nostalgic enough to try to make my computer compatible with the disc, however I'm pretty sure something is wrong with the disc so no-go there. This makes me happy.

Archived