DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What plot points do you think should have been different?

Kal11

the thing I have the most gripe with is mat, he just seems too geared into being as awesome as possible, that just doesnt do it for me. rand and perrin at least have psychological problems they have been dealing with for the whole series but not mat, it kind of irritates me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mat's dealt with temptation, addiction, and denial. but his story was played for laughs a lot of the time. a welcome relief from angst, to me.

what addiction? he hasnt struggled with that at all. temptation maybe a bit. Denial was about half a page about him denying leadership before he stepped into it (which was good) then 10000 pages of him denying being a noble even though he has adopted quite a few of their habits

mat's dealt with temptation, addiction, and denial. but his story was played for laughs a lot of the time. a welcome relief from angst, to me.

what addiction? he hasnt struggled with that at all. temptation maybe a bit. Denial was about half a page about him denying leadership before he stepped into it (which was good) then 10000 pages of him denying being a noble even though he has adopted quite a few of their habits

by addiction i refer to the dagger subplot, which is a spot on descrition of a struggle wifh addiction.

the struggle with temptation seems to be always there, with a lantern hung on it at the portal stone incident.

by denial i mean his continual efforts to wriggle out of fate, i.e., trying to forget the horn, trying to ignore the meaning of his dark dreams, trying to distance himself from his connection to rand and his importance to the LB, trying to avoid battles when it's obvious battle is drawn to him, trying to avoid the consequences of marrying tuon... etc...

but it's all just my opinion, so peace, and enjoy your own take on it.

Archived