DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Secret Rendezvous (Attn: Damian)

Nynaeve

Damian

DM Member

Posted: 09 Jan 2006 03:37 am Post subject: A Secret Rendezvous (Attn: Nyna)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The laughter moved down the street as he peered around the corner. Two young lovers turned the corner as Damian slowly stepped out of the shadows. Quietly he made his way down the street, watching for anything that could catch him. A door opened and he quickly threw himself into a shadowed doorway and held his breath. The person turned the other way and began walking away. He took a deep breath and again began his slow trek. Seconds seemed like minutes and minutes seemed like hours as he made his way down alleys and back streets. It wasn't long though before he turned the corner and saw a sign with a smiling trolloc swaying in the breeze. 'The Gleeful Trolloc' it announced. Damian snuck around to the back and rapped at the door three times in a very distinct way.

*Who is it?" A whispered voice asked.

"What do you mean 'who is it?'? I did the knock!" Damian answered back.

"Yeah, but how do I know the person knocking is the one who should be? "

"Who else would be knocking you fool?"

"I don't know... The Amyrlin.."

"You think I sound like the Amyrlin?? And you think she would be sneaking out around here right now??"

"Hmmm... good point.."

"Well, open the bloody door then!"

"Wait... I don't remember if you knocked or not..."

Damian slammed into the door knocking it open and the person behind it back. He strode into the kitchen in the inn and cast a stern glance at the boy on the floor.

"For crying out loud Darcy, you knew it was me! Is the food ready yet??" The young man got up off the floor.

"Well, I wanted to be sure! You said it was important. And yeah, the food is alomst done. Just give it a few more minutes. The wine is over there.." Damian grabbed up the bottle and then made his way into the common room.

The Inn keeper had closed up the inn for the night specially for Damian. Of course it cost him a large amount of gold, but would have been worse if they were not friends. He walked out into the common room. The fire was blazing wonderfully. The lighting was done just right. Candles were placed at perfect intervals to create the perfect mood. He knew this night would turn out wonderfully. Now she just had to show up!...

Damian

Nynaeve

DM Member

Posted: 16 Jan 2006 10:50 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nynaeve stared at her reflection for a moment, checking through the mirror if she was ready. She decided to leave her hair loose and not braid it, as she usually did. She had a few moon drops decorating her black wavy hair, and her yellow gem resting on her forehead. She put on one of the dresses Damian gave her, even though she found them a bit improper. The dress practically clung to her figure revealing more bosom then she would have liked. She put on her cloak, relieved. She was wearing it for him, after all. If she would have wore something for comfort, she would have gone with her shift. Damian would have loved that too, she thought to herself, smiling.

She left her room, practically running through the corridors, wanting to avoid any questions. Even though her velvet dress was covered by the cloak, she felt naked. She went to the stables to get her mere. Nynaeve flung herself on Nightwish and rode off towards the center of Tar Valon, where Damian was waiting for her. She rode hooded, one could never know what lurked in the night.

Images played in her mind. She recalled her early encounter with Damian and smiled. She wondered what he has planned for them, hoping her dress was appropriate. One way or another, she knew this night was going to be a night she'll remember for the rest of her life. When she finally found the inn, she rode into the stable and threw the stable man a silver coin to take good care of Nightwish.

She circled around the inn and went through the front door, expecting to hear music, clutter of glasses, conversations. Instead, all she found was darkness.

Nynaeve

Damian

DM Member

Posted: 16 Jan 2006 11:13 pm Post subject:

"Damian! She is here!" Called out the young boy.

"Here?? As in getting ready to walk in here?" He yelled.

"Yeah!" Was the reply.

"I thought you had someone down the street watching for her so I would have more time!"

"Well, you did say she might not be recognizable!"

"Blood and ahses... ok... quick... get your butt into the kitchen."

Damian did a quick survey of the commmon room, making sure the candles were just right. He had no time though as he heard footsteps at the front of the door. Quickly he rushed over and hid next to it as it opened and a woman walked in. The sway of her hips left no doubt in his mind that it was Nyna. The door closed as she made her way in a little further, looking around. Damian watched from the shadows, just admiring the curve of her body. He silently stalked up behind her and put his hands on her waste, kissing her neck.

"I am so glad you came. As you can see.... I have arranged a more, private, evening for the two of us. I believe our meal is almost ready if you would like to take a seat." She grinned at him and that made him happy. Taking her cloak he led her to a seat and then poored her some wine. "If you excuse me, I am going to check on our meal first." He turned to see darcy peeking out from the kitched. He quickly strode over and pushed the door open, knocking the boy to his butt a second time that evening.

"I believe your services are no longer needed lad." He flipped him a silver coin. "Now, scram. You can inundate me with questions later!" Damian smiled at the boy and then made his way to their meal sitting ont he plates. Picking them up he made his way back into the common room.

"I hope you are hungry!"

Damian

Nynaeve

DM Member

Posted: 16 Jan 2006 11:56 pm Post subject:

Nynaeve sat down, while Damian went to check on their meal. She looked around her, admiring the place. There wasn't a soul to be seen and the whole common room was decorated with candles. She realized it might have cost Damian a pretty penny to reserve the whole inn for them, and felt a bit guilty. She meant for them to spend an evening in an inn, she never thought Damian would interpret her request in such a romantic way. She was impressed. Surprised to find a person that would go through so much trouble for her. A person she did nothing but treat like a crazy person, measuring his every move, taking notice of everything he said.

"I hope you are hungry!", said Damian as he came back. He placed a plate in front of her and placed his, sitting down. Nynaeve took one look at it and smiled. "You didn't make this." Damian put on his innocent expression. "You're not suggesting that I...". Nynaeve raised an eyebrow. "Guilty as charge, but it's the thought that matters, is it not?". Nynaeve smiled and took a little bite from the beef. "It's delicious." She took a sip of wine. It was warm and spiced, just like she liked it. Everything was perfect, the food, the place, the company. She didn't even feel the need to speak, she was more then happy just sharing this moment with Damian, even though he spent half the time staring at her cleavage. She suddenly realized that if he acted otherwise, she would have been worried.

She enjoyed the beef and cooked potatoes greatly, and was a bit too generous with the wine. She laughed softly, realizing she was just a tad tipsy. She got up from her chair, circled the table and sat on Damian's lap. He was a bit taken aback. She didn't let him much time to react. She leaned over, giving him a thorough kiss. She slapped his hand as he was trying to get a feel at her cleavage, and broke off laughing. She was having a lovely time.

Nynaeve

Damian

DM Member

Posted: 18 Jan 2006 11:49 pm Post subject:

Nynaeve sat in his lap and then gave him a big kiss. He pulled her close, savoring the moment. Of course his instincts got the best of him as his hand started to wander up. This was quickly turned aside by a flying hand. He should have known she would be ready for something like that. She then started laughing at the whole situation. This led Damian to laugh as well. He tried to hide his confusion behind his forced laughter. Was she finally going crazy? Had she lost it to? And he thought he was the only one with problems in the head. "Well... you may laugh now darling... but you can't fight it all night," he said with all seriousness. That led her to start laughing again. He realized he knew nothing about women.

Helping her off his lap and directing her back to her seat in a most gentlemanly manner he took his leave for a second. Quickly stepping outside he looked around for Horhay. He finally found the old man sitting on a barral.

"Horhay... come... it is time." There was no response from the old man. "HORHAY!" Still nothing. Damian walked over and smacked the hat off the old man. He awoke suddenly, snoring ending, a confused look on his face. "Horhay! Hey!" He snapped his fingers until recognition lit up in the old mans face. "I need you inside..." damian said. "Ahhh yes... sorry Damian.. just catching a few zz's real quick waiting.. now worries." Did Damian ever worry? Never...

He led the man back inside where he found Nynaeve playing with her food now, wondering where he was. "Ok my friend... hit it." The old man brought up a violin and began playing. He walked over to the table and offered his hand to the lady of the hour. "Shall we dance?"

Damian

Nynaeve

DM Member

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 12:57 am Post subject:

Nynaeve hesitated for a moment before she took Damian's hand. She didn't want to fall over on her face, that would be embarrassing. So as Damian pulled her closer to dance, she wrapped her hands around his neck, a good grip just in case she happened to trip. The old man wasn't the most talented but it showed that he knew what he was doing. She let Damian lead the dance, swaying as he swayed. It was all perfect. In a way, she seemed to rediscover Damian every time he pulled something out of his sleeve. She could tell he put a lot of thought and effort into this. It made her feel loved.

As the music faded, Damian dipped her and she almost slipped. Luckily she was hanging on quite firmly, so no harm was done. Damian nodded his head and the old man left. "I see you have quite a lot of friends. The reserved inn, the food, the music. Not anyone would be able to pull it off, but you did. Lets drink to that!". Nynaeve poured them each a glass of wine and handed one of them to Damian. "I can't remember the last time I had such a nice time, Damian. Thank you for taking me out. I'm sorry this is the only way we can really spend time together. But I... have a way to change that."

With that said, Nynaeve realized she had Damian's absolute attention. "I've been searching for a long while for someone to protect me. Two sets of eyes are better then one, as said. I need someone to watch my back or in your case my lower back." Nynaeve laughed. "Damian, Do you accept to be my bondmate?".

Nyn

Yellow

Damian

DM Member

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 09:15 pm Post subject:

When she asked him to bond her he was shocked. So much that he didn't even notice when he dropped her on the floor. He just stood there for a second just staring off into space. She wanted to bond him?? How did that work into having a pleasant evening together?? Still stunned he slowly made his way back over to his chair and sat. Nynaeve was promptly back on her feet giving him a dirty look berating him for dropping her. Or something like that... he wasn't exactly hearing everything going on at that moment. Picking up his drink he chugged it right then. Then he picked up hers and chugged it to. That wasn't enough though. Standing up with his glass he slowly made his way to the kitchen, not paying the least attention to the eyes on his back.

In the kitched he found some more ale and began drinking. Nynaeve had followed him into the kitched wondering what in the world was wrong with him. He finally decided to try and talk to her. See if she really knew what she was talking about. "Nynaeve... why did you just ask me that?? Don't you know who I am?? Don't you know how crazy I am?? Do you really think you want that floating around in your mind all the time? I mean... sometimes i don't want me in my mind!" He quickly stood up. "Obviously this is a mistake... You must be drunk. The wine is affecting you too much... something... something..."

He burried his face in his hands. Light, what was he going to do. Could he bond her? If he did, she would know just how messup up he really was. And not just mentally. So many things had happened. They were just getting to know each other... could he open up fully like that? Would something happen to her and he would then have two people weighing heavily on him? He kept his eyes squeezed tightly closed, hoping for the answer to come to him... it wasn't a light duty... he wasn't sure if he was ready for it.

Damian

Nynaeve

DM Member

Posted: 21 Jan 2006 08:34 pm Post subject:

Nynaeve couldn't believe it when Damian dropped her. She fell on the floor, shock decorating her face. She waited a moment for some sort of aid to get up, but she quickly noticed Damian wasn't going to be a gentleman any time soon. She got up, dusted her dress and walked briskly to Damian, who was drinking like there was no tomorrow. She never would have thought he would react in such a manner to her proposal.

Damian stood up and passed her by as if she wasn't even there, heading over to the kitchen. She followed him in to find him drinking more wine. If she ever had a doubt about him being mad, it was gone now. He turned to her, seeming distressed. "Nynaeve... why did you just ask me that?? Don't you know who I am?? Don't you know how crazy I am?? Do you really think you want that floating around in your mind all the time? I mean... sometimes I don't want me in my mind!" He quickly stood up. "Obviously this is a mistake... You must be drunk. The wine is affecting you too much... something... something...". Nynaeve slapped him. She couldn't believe he was rejecting her and claiming she was drunk.

Damian sat back down and buried his face in his hands. Nynaeve put on her Aes Sedai expression. A calmness and indifference enveloped her. She will not lose her control. She will not beg for his attention. He obviously wasn't ready for such a commitment, assuming he ever will be. "I retract the offer, Damian. You are obviously not interested. I will find someone else. The dinner was extraordinary and so was the music and company of course. Thank you and good night." Nynaee went in search for her cloak in the common room.

Damian

DM Member

Posted: 21 Jan 2006 10:59 pm Post subject:

Damians ears rung and his face stung. Did she just slap him? He worked his jaw back and forth, trying to make sure it still worked. She mentioned something about retracting the offer and then walked out of the kitchen. What in the light had just happened?? It was a good meal... a good dance... Then she asked him something he never expected to hear... and when he was overly suprised... she smacked him and was leaving! The only thought that crossed his mind at that moment was women! Well.... he wasn't going to let his night end like that now was he? He did spend good money on getting this inn! He was up and running after Nynaeve, making sure she did not escape so easily.

He burst into the common room to see her putting her cloak on, reading to go out into the night. "Now wait just a second! Being Aes Sedai I thought you knew how serious of a question that is to ask anyone. You are asking me to give my life for yours! To always keep you safe from whatever. Can't a man be afraid that he may not be up to the challenge? Be afraid that he may be unable to hold a vow such as that one?" Damian sighed and turned away from her. What was he doing? Did he love her? Truely? Yes... yes he did! Then what was his problem?! He turned back to her... and stared at her for a second..

"I am sorry Nynaeve Sedai for my outburst. If your offer is open at sometime again, I will happily accept it with all my heart. I hope you have a good night.. " He turned to make his way back to the kitchen...

Damian

"I am sorry Nynaeve Sedai for my outburst. If your offer is open at sometime again, I will happily accept it with all my heart. I hope you have a good night.. " He turned to make his way back to the kitchen. Nynaeve's eyes widened. He made a huge fuss just to end up accepting it so calmly. She regretted asking him. Everything was going so well and she ruined it all with just a couple of words. She took a step to the door and froze, taking in the room around her. He did this all for her. All the time, effort and money. All for her. She couldn't let this night end in this manner. Maybe she was too rash. Maybe she should have given him more time to grasp the situation. The only reason she asked him was that it seemed like the right moment. She's been thinking about it for a while, but never dared. She did have a worst timing from past experience.

She took off her cloak and placed it on a chair, then walked to the kitchen to find Damian drinking another glass of wine. Nynaeve set next to him. "Damian, I am sorry I brought this up today. It was our special evening and I can't help feel that i've ruined it. We can talk about it tomorrow. I am in no hurry. Besides, your reaction was exaggerated. You'd think I was asking you to marry me." Nynaeve laughed and slided her hand across his thigh teasingly. Taking the glass of wine away from his hand, she placed it on the table.

Sitting herself on Damian's lap again, she circled her hands around his neck and pulled him into a passionate kiss.

Nyn

Yellow

Damian kissed her. She tasted like truffles with a hint of vanilla mixed with cinnimon. That or he was just making things up because... well, because that is what he did. They broke their kiss as Damian stared intently at her.

"Now, don't you go get started on this marrying stuff either! If I did that and my mother found out... she would die!"

She grabbed him and kissed him again. For once he finally took a hint. He gathered her up in his arms and began his walk to the stairs, and then up them. He carried her to the sweet and gently dropped her to the bed.

"Whew... we made it. That was a heck of a walk!" She gave him another dangerous look after that statement and he could only laugh. He knew that would get her. Grabbing her he kissed her again to let her know he was kidding......

"Whew... we made it. That was a heck of a walk!" Nynaeve glared at Damian and the fool laughed and kissed her. She slapped his hands away, which made him laugh even harder. After a little struggling to prove that she did have a will of her own, she let herself go. Let herself love him.

Light spilled into the room through the window, right on Nynaeve's face. She squinted and opened her eyes slightly. Weaving a thread of air, she closed the blinds and let out a sigh of relief. She turned her head to the right to find Damian sleeping. He was leaning on her, his left hand was resting on her chest and his right hand was under her head.

She almost slapped his hand off by reflex and stopped herself. She grinned and shook her head. Weaving a little air thread, she used it to flick Damian's behind and he woke with a yelp. Nynaeve couldn't help but burst into laughs. "I wasn't sure if I should wake you, since you seemed so peaceful. Drool and everyhting. But your expression was priceless! It was worth it!".

Nyn

Yellow

Damian sighed a false sigh of hurt. He shook his head around in a groggy manner. "Just like a woman to make a man do back breaking work and then not let him get any rest." He kissed her good morning. "Whew! You would think you yellow sisters would pay more attention to things like oral hygine!" He cringed, already knowing the blows were coming. Small pinches fell all across his body, leaving small red marks. They wouldn't last the hour, yet still they did the job.

"YEILD! I YEILD FAIR LADY!"

The pinching stopped but she still had her own mock hurt on her face. "Men... insufferable" she muttered. He couldn't help but laugh as he pulled himself up and began to get dressed for the day. He didn't think he would have any problems convincing anyone he had already taken his training beating for the day, but they wouldn't know the half of it. He finished dressing and found his blade as she just stayed in bed and watched him. He wondered what was going through her mind. Was she wondering what the heck she was doing there with him? Was she happy? Was she afraid? So many things to worry about. Alas, he was determined to enjoy the moment, even though he knew they must turn to more serious talk very soon.

"Well, are you going to get dressed?"

"What, with you in the room? It wouldn't be proper!" He smirked at her. He hoped her humor meant she was happy.

"Well then, let me take my leave and let you dress then!"

"So, you are just going to leave now? When will I see you again." He sighed... women.

"I am not sure my dear. Maybe not today... maybe not tommorow... but someday... we will meet again. Here..." He pulled a few crumbs of bread and some lint out of his pocket. "Hold on to this. Everytime you look at it, you will remember me, and the short time we have together..."

He turned and then walked out the door, closing it behind him. He stood outside the door and slumped up against it. He counted to himself.... one... two... three... then he opened the door again.

"Of course you could always come down for breakfast in a few. I am sure I will be there if you would like to dine with me." Another smack came out of nowhere as he giggled and slammed the door on his way downstairs.

"So, you are just going to leave now? When will I see you again", said Nynaeve, eyebrows rising in surprise. He accepted the excuse to leave too easily, as if he was eager to leave. That puzzled Nynaeve greatly.

Damian's answer made her stare at him incredulously. She couldn't have put on the Aes Sedai mask of serenity at that instant, even if her life depended on it. She was shocked. Falling into a chasm of paranoia.

Damian turned away and walked out the door, closing it behind him. Nynaeve's mouth dropped open. Her blood started to boil. Her temper quick to follow. She was just about to embrace Saidar when the door opened again.

"Of course you could always come down for breakfast in a few. I am sure I will be there if you would like to dine with me." Nynaeve channeled a little air thread and thumped the back of Damian's neck. The door closed just as a pillow left her hand, making a little thump as it hit the door and dropped to the floor.

She struggled with keeping a smooth expression. Her lips were trying to curve into a smile, but she refused to be amused by such behavior. Damian wasn't going to win. She walked to the water basin and washed her face. She was appalled by the state of her hair and blushed as she remembered how it came about to looking like that.

Nynaeve finished getting cleaned up, brushed and braided her hair and put on one of her secret weapons. A flamey red dress, with a low neckline, reaching her belly button. The dress rested tightly on her body. It was a dress she vowed never to put on, unless a special occasion called for it. She packed it when she came to meet Damian, but up until that moment, she didn't feel the urge to use it. All that changed now.

Getting downstairs, Nynaeve smiled in satisfaction, as Damian's jaw dropped open at her appearance. "What? do I have something between my teeth? We yellows do have terrible oral hygiene. It is rather outragous."

Nyn

Yellow

• 2 weeks later...

Damian headed downstairs, whistling a tune to himself. He had to admit that it had been a rather good morning. He came down the stairs, not avoiding the creaking third step, for they were the only ones staying at the inn. He had even paid handsomely to keep it closed for the morning as well. He was holding back nothing to make this all right.

His nose caught a womderful scent coming from the kitchen and he made his way that way. He pushed the kitchen door open and was greeted with a bustling of sights and sounds. The smile he had became even wider. The boy had done a good job, making sure all the cooks were there in the morning cooking up a wonderful feast. He could see sausage, eggs, fruit, potatos. His mouth was watering at the sites. With a hop in his step he made his way back to the common room to make sure the table was setup correctly.

As he looked over the rest of the preperations he caught the soft sound of footsteps making its way to the stairs. He pulled himself up tall and straight, made sure his hair was still acceptable, and made his way to the foot of the stairs. He was not prepared for what he saw. There stood Nynaeve in a splendid red dress. There was a slit down to her naval, and he had to say, it kept his eyes preoccupied. Seeing that she was willing to wear something such as this he cursed himself for not buying her anything MORE revealing.

"What? do I have something between my teeth? We yellows do have terrible oral hygiene. It is rather outragous."

Damian let out a hearty laugh. He knew she could dish it just as well as him, and she was showing it. He offered his hand to her and she took it, letting him lead her the rest of the way down the stairs. Leading her to the common room he took some satisfaction in knowing she wasn't the only one who could get a jaw to drop.

"It is beautiful Damian. How did you find all these flowers at this time??" She asked, taking in the smell of one of the yellow ones.

"Lets just say, I have an uncle." He grinned and then clapped his hands dramatically twice. The cooks came streaming out of the kitchen will the food he had been sampling with his eyes before.

"Sit darling! I had a small meal prepared for us."

"Small? This is a feast for a queen!"

"Well, yes, true. But when I took it out of her kitchen, she didn't complain."

They dug in, enjoying everything the cooks gave them. But he knew the fun could not last. He knew he had something else to bring up. Now was the time. They both were in a good mood, and it wasn't a topic that would ruin breakfast.... he hoped.

"So, Nynaeve Sedai... I believe we were having another discussion last night that did not get resolved. Do you remember this discussion?"

Damian

Nynaeve's jaw dropped when she saw the common room. It was arranged beautifully and the food looked splendid. She couldn't believe Damian went into so much trouble on her behalf. "You are spoiling me rotten", said Nynaeve, smiling. She gave Damian a light kiss and sat down by the table. They both started to eat. The food tasted as good as it looked.

"So, Nynaeve Sedai... I believe we were having another discussion last night that did not get resolved. Do you remember this discussion?"

Nynaeve choked. She cleared her throat and took a sip of water. She diverted her eyes to the side until she managed to focus them on Damian again. She didn't expect him to bring it up this quickly. She had to make a diversion. "Oh, you mean the discussion we had about naming some of my body parts? Yes, I remember." Damian smiled but said nothing. His expression quickly returned to a more serious one.

"Yes, I remember. But we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, Damian. I enjoy our time together and I don't wish to scare you away. And this subject seems to have that affect on you. As long as I have you, everything is fine. Maybe it was selfish of me to ask for more."

Nyn

Yellow

"Scare me away? Why, I thought it might have been the other way, but a long time ago. Remember, I am the one with.... mental... issues..." He sighed. They needed to discuss this. He had lost it a little the night before, but not because he didn't want to think about it. He was just caught off guard and so much of his past had come up.

"Nynaeve, I truly love you. I can only think of one reason not to be bonded. And this reason, you alone will have to decide whether it is reason enough to only love me and not completely have me." He took a deep breath. There was much to be said here, and not all of it was going to be fun.

"You know I have a few issues. I am going to lay them out for you again. This way you know everything in this mind of mine. For if we bond, I don't want you to be shocked by my state of mind. I wasn't always a screwed up in the head tower guard. You know about my brother Vaerdeth. You also know I was gone for a time. It was when I came back that you were assigned to determine if I was completely crazy."

"When I was gone, I traveled north. I made my way to the borderlands looking for my brother. They said he was dead, but I didn't believe it. I couldn't accept that he had killed himself over a woman. It was like Vaer. So I kept going. Soon I found myself in the blight." He closed his eyes against the images and smells that were coming to him. He had to stay focused. He needed to finish.

"Nynaeve, I found him. But he wasn't my brother. He had changed. He had been taken... by the shadow. I couldn't believe it. I hated it. Because we were brothers he let me leave. However, I told myself that someday I would go back... I swore I had to kill him. That will never leave me. If we bond... I will always stay loyal to you. I will never let you be unprotected. But you will know that it is in the back of my mind. That is what you will have to accept that as part of me."

"That was why I was crazy I just couldn't handle it at the time. I sometimes wonder if I still can. Who knows. But that is what you will have to accept in bonding me. You will always have all of my... always... but there will always be a peice sitting in the back of my mind..."

Damian

Nynaeve listened intently to Damian. Some of it she knew about. Some of it was new to her. Before she fell in love with Damian, she studied his behavior objectively and she came to the conclusion that Damian was haunted by something. That explained what he did and said all too well. Now that Damian told her the whole truth, all the pieces seemed to fall into place.

Nynaeve contemplated all of Damian's words. He was right. If she bonded him she would be exposed to all of his emotions. It was a risk every Aes Sedai that bonded took, but the risk magnified in this particular situation where it was obvious that Damian had a troubled mind.

Nynaeve raised her eyes to meet Damian's. "I understand where you're coming from, Damian. Your logic makes sense to me. However, I've also noticed that since we've grown closer you've improved. At least to the extent I can see." Nynaeve took Damian's hand and squeezed it tightly, smiling warmly.

"What happened to your brother is unfortunate. You might never find out what caused him to fall so deep. And there might be a day when you will have to face him. Everything is possible. All I can do, is give you one constant in your life. Me."

"I am not saying that with time you'll forget. Because you won't. All I can promise is that I can help you put that part of your past to rest. If you let me." Nynaeve smiled as an afterthought and added. "Besides, it won't be just me dealing with what goes through your head. You have to deal with what goes through MY mind. Equally risky." Nynaeve laughed softly.

Nyn

Yellow

"I am not saying that with time you'll forget. Because you won't. All I can promise is that I can help you put that part of your past to rest. If you let me." Nynaeve smiled as an afterthought and added. "Besides, it won't be just me dealing with what goes through your head. You have to deal with what goes through MY mind. Equally risky." Nynaeve laughed softly.

"That is true!" He said. "I would finally be able to answer the question that everyone always has when they see you!" She gave him a puzzled look.

"What question is that?"

"Why, the question 'What was she thinking??'" And the blows began again. He couldn't help but laugh uncontrolably though. Trying to control his side splitting pain he mounted an offensive, pouncing on Nyna. She laughed then as well.

"So, that is how you are going to protect me? By attacking me? Fine warder you will make. "

"So then... does that mean you will accept the risks that I entail. I am willing to accept the risks you entail. No matter how many men I will have to kill because you think they are cute!"

Nargy

Or Damian

"So then... does that mean you will accept the risks that I entail. I am willing to accept the risks you entail. No matter how many men I will have to kill because you think they are cute!"

Nynaeve smiled. "I am willing to accept any risks, Damian. Yet, I didn't realize you were so possessive. I shouldn't encourage you, I know. Then again I can't wait to see you jealous. I am quite sure it'll be very amusing. Especially if the man you have to kill is slightly bigger. Luckily, I'm a yellow. First aid at an arm's reach. That is, if you have any arms left." Nynaeve winked and laughed in delight.

Nynaeve quieted down for a moment and addressed Damian. "There is one last thing we didn't discuss yet that I want to bring up before we make a final decision. With this bond our fates, in a way, will be bound together. If one of us...perishes, the other will be left with an unbearable pain. I think it's something we should take into consideration."

Nynaeve shifted her eyes and then directed them back to Damian. "If something happens to me, that might shatter your sanity. That worries me." Nynaeve shook her head after a moment. "But it'll never come to that, because I will have the best protector an Aes Sedai can ask for."

Nyn

Yellow

Nynaeve shifted her eyes and then directed them back to Damian. "If something happens to me, that might shatter your sanity. That worries me." Nynaeve shook her head after a moment. "But it'll never come to that, because I will have the best protector an Aes Sedai can ask for." She said to him.

"Well, of course I would be a great protector. And besides, even if we weren't bonded... if something happened to you... my sanity would be gone then as well. Soooooo... we will just have to make sure my sanity stays in check. That means you not doing anything crazy... and me making sure you don't do anything crazy! See, it wont be that hard... unless... trying to protect you drives me crazy... which, bonded... would drive you crazy... but hey! Problem solved! We would be crazy together!" Damian laughed at his own joke. When he looked back at Nyna he saw she wasn't quite so entertained by his musings. He sighed.

"I understand what I am getting into darling. Don't worry yourself about that. I am willing to take the risks. Then I can stand by your side as we go out and do great things... like heal rabbits and stuff!"

narg

Nynaeve had to maintain her blank expression with much effort. She wasn't going to encourage Damian when he was making jokes about a serious situation. No matter how hilarious he made it sound. She turned her back on him, seemingly, as an act of irritation at his childishness and used the opportunity to let out a wide grin while he couldn't see. Regaining an un amused exterior she turned back to face Damian.

Damian Sighted. "I understand what I am getting into darling. Don't worry yourself about that. I am willing to take the risks. Then I can stand by your side as we go out and do great things... like heal rabbits and stuff!"

Nynaeve's lips quivered and eventually she lost control, her lips widening into a smile. "You don't take anything seriously, do you? Bunnies.." Nynaeve laughed in great amusement. "Besides, healing isn't ALL I do. I have....hobbies." Nynaeve paused for a moment and then bursted into laughs again. After she managed to desist, Nynaeve stood up.

"Kneel in front of me, Damian." Damian smirked, a silly grin on his face. Nynaeve grinned. "Just do it." Damian nodded and knelt down. Nynaeve placed her hands around Damian's temples, trying to stop them from shaking. Nynaeve formed the weaves carefully. When she was done she moved it and settled it on Damian's head ever so gently.

Nynaeve jolted her hands away from Damian. She felt as if she just got slapped, her ears ringing from an impact. She closed her eyes and seconds later it stopped. She felt weird. That feeling seemed to echo. Nynaeve gasped. He was there. Damian. At the back of her head. She could tell he was there, even with her eyes shut. It was time to open them, though.

Damian was still in a kneeling position. Nynaeve smiled. "Don't be so nervous. You'll give me a headache soon enough."

Nyn

Yellow

Demian's bondie

Damian kneeled and the room was quiet for what seemed like hours, though it was only moments. Suddenly his head felt weird. Something had settled over him, though he knew not what. He realized he suddenly felt stronger, as if someone had provided the stamina of two people. If he could have stared in wonder at himself he would have. Yet all this disappeared with the realization of something else.

His eyes popped open and started at Nynaeve. Could those thoughts be what he thought they were? He could not tell if they were his own or not, but they definately mirrored what he was feeling. They didn't seem to belong to him though. He kept staring and realized the thoughts were hers. He poured over them in amazement. He tried to find out everything she was thinking. That was when he came across the one he was looking for.

"So.... Nynaeve Sedai.... you do love me." He rose from his kneeling position, soon staring down at her. He pulled her to him and gave her a kiss. Then he gave her another.

"It is done. Now, in the name of understanding everything about our new... connection.. I say we head up stairs and find out just how much can pass between us. And let me tell you... I feel like I could go for days!"

"So.... Nynaeve Sedai.... you do love me." Nynaeve colored slightly. She wanted to get annoyed at him for having to check that but as the bond first settled, it was the first thing she did. The result of her search was as successful as his. Added to that she could feel his concern for her. He more then cared. Suddenly all her insecurities about his feelings were gone. She knew it wasn't the purpose of the bond, but it alleviated stresses and made her love Damian even more.

Damian rose from his kneeling position and pulled Nynaeve to him, kissing her quite thoroughly. Nynaeve hung on to him, running her hands down his back. She wanted to giggle as she realized how much Damian liked that gesture. Damian parted away only to draw her back again, Nynaeve embracing him once more.

Damian let go after a while, leaving Nynaeve quite breathless. "It is done. Now, in the name of understanding everything about our new... connection.. I say we head up stairs and find out just how much can pass between us. And let me tell you... I feel like I could go for days!"

Nynaeve's mouth dropped open. It took her a few moments to close it. "Don't be ridiculous, Damian." She turned around, as if to leave. Then she turned her head to side, winked at Damian and untied the tie behind her neck that was holding the dress, enabling the dress to slide down slightly. Her right hand, gripping the dress at the cleavage was the only thing keeping the dress from sliding down all together. "Catch me if you can!", said Nynaeve and ran up the stairs, laughing.

Nyn

Yellow

Bonded to a Whack Job ;)