DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

To truly seal the bore

tristin_kai

If you look at it from a liberal angle, the wheel itself is fighting the Dark One by weaving out specific people at specific times.

Well, if Ishy was correct, then the Wheel keeps spinning his soul out as a Dark champion, and if that's the case, then it likely spins out souls to act as the FS did in each second age, as well. The Wheel is weaving a pattern, an Age lace, and for all we know, it likes weaving with evil threads, too. It isn't weaving a linear story, it's weaving a cirular one. Else, it would leave Ishy out of the Pattern all together, or it would start skipping 2nd Ages, and hence, no Bore, or some such. I don't see the Wheel as fighting against the Dark One anymore than it aids him.

That is totally out of the question. What do you get when you remove the defining factor of the last three thousand plus years? A reality torn to shreds' date=' that is what![/quote']

The dawn of a new age. (Which is the whole point of the series, no?)

She wasn't speaking thematically. In the wheel if you remove the drilling of the bore, and the Dark One, then you also remove everything people have done because of his existence since then, from events as large as the War of Power, and the Breaking, right down to things like comments on Forsaken coming to get naughty children.

Reality itself would dissolve under the pressure, as indeed almost happened in the Age of Legends. The pattern would collapse and the world would end.

The conclusion that I came up with is somewhat differant to the more widely used theories. I believe that LTTs attempt at sealing the bore is exactly what is preventing it from healing. I read somewhere that the pattern itself is self healing, so it would sort of...close up eventually on it's own. I think that the seals are sort of keeping it open, that's why, when Taim brought Rand the seal, LTT tried to break it, and Taim stopped him. Agree or disagree, your choice. But it's just as plausable as alot of the other theories.

Archived