DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim is under control

i think Taim turned after the rescue at Dumai's wells. I don't believe he was a darkfriend the whole time. Lews Therin mentions that Ishamael turned even though Lews Therin gave him many titles and such. Maybe Taim did the same.

Nar, I am pretty sure he was turned (in whatever method you want to believe) before then.

Look at all the Ashaman he names for Rand to take with him after Dumai's Wells: Kisman, Rochaid, Torval, Gedwyn. All DFs, all ended up attacking Rand on Taim's orders (and others) later on.

He is also suprised that Rand picked Osangar. There really would be no reason for him to be suprised if he didnt know something was up with him.

An unbroken mindtrap seems more likely than a broken one. Taim as a remote control robot would only work, in my oppinion, after Taims "secret classes" began, whenever that was. But the involvement of a mindtrap would explain a lot of things.

Do we think a mindtrap has to be broken in order to possess/remote control someone, or could that person be possessed without being mentally destroyed?

An unbroken mindtrap seems more likely than a broken one. Taim as a remote control robot would only work, in my oppinion, after Taims "secret classes" began, whenever that was. But the involvement of a mindtrap would explain a lot of things.

Do we think a mindtrap has to be broken in order to possess/remote control someone, or could that person be possessed without being mentally destroyed?

Given what we have seen from Mog and Cyn I think it is safe to say an unbroken mind trap cannot control someone other than through fear.

Archived