DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A week off!

In about 6ish hours, I will be hopping on a bus to go to Madrid to catch a plane to Athens. I will have internet access, but I do not plan on using this internet access to stay as active as normal here on DM as a whole as I will be traveling with my mom and we will be using internet to contact family, check weather, etc. We're spending 4 days in Athens, a day in Rome, a day for Pisa and Milan, a day in Venice and a day in Bolzano. Yes, I will post reviews upon return, promise!

That being said, any questions usually directed towards me about points are better directed at Corki if you want a quick response...to which he'll probably say you'll have to wait for me! :biggrin:

That being said, just don't expect me around for a bit :biggrin:

:biggrin: Best part is that the parents are paying for all of it! I will take lots of pictures and eventually get reviews up upon return, with all the awesome pictures!

My mom is already in route to Athens too (well, to her connection in Minneapolis and then to Paris and then to Athens, but she's on her way!)

So so so so so excited!!!!

Okay, off to dinner, last minute packing and then the bus station!

Made it to Athens!!! Sadly, it is currently overcast :( Mom is going through jetlag recovery (taking a shower to help wake her up for the next few hours as apparently she didn't get any sleep on the plane ride over) and as such, I am checking things here real quick like before we plan on heading up Mt. Lycabettus :biggrin:

Yeah :( We visited the Acropolis and that section at the right time today though, right before it got quite sunny and then we actually climbed Mt. Lycabettus today and by the time we got to the top it started raining...after we had decided to leave the umbrellas in the hotel room (silly mom lol)

Tomorrow: tour of the Sardonic Gulf Islands :biggrin:

Corki....I need a break from my break....we are packing way too much into this week....yesterday was insane and it took us over an hour to get into our hotel (bed and breakfast) in Venice....phones weren't working so this other lady helped us and sent us off with this guy that had a friend who owns a bed and breakfast but he was full so this guy bought us cocktails (I drank the whole thing AND had taken motion sickness medicine that day....and it was 9:30 and we hadn't ate dinner yet) he eventually called the bed and breakfast for us and then we finally got in and went out to get dinner at about 10 pm....me with dizzy head and the works because you aren't supposed to have alcohol with motion sickness medicine...oops...I was thirsty and worried, what else was I going to do lol

But, I love Venice...it's gorgeous and quite fascinating! And yes, we're heading off to Murano :biggrin:

Travels are now all complete....got back to Granada for easter sunday, meaning just in time to see some of the last semana santa processions! Hmmm....I wonder if I could consider semana santa a type of gig and write a review about that as well....even though I have a review to write for about 5 dif cities by now...

Benne....umm due acquas minerale naturale per piacere? :biggrin: e....il conto!

La frase mas importante que he usado durante la semana pasada en Italia...pero fue mas dificil en grecia porque no supe nada de los numbres ni la palabra para agua y oof que loco! Entiendes espanol o no? Es similar a italiano pero al mismo tiempo es mucho mas diferente, si?

Yes i think there are a little diffrences between the languages, and i'm sure you have to go to the bar before getting any water or the bill :P

And that's about all i got from that.

I can do icelandic, english, most danish, norwegian, swedish and a little german. And some random collection of words and phrases

Archived