DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Euro 2012 qualifying

Basel Gill

Has anyone else been paying attention to this? I'm an Ireland fan (the Republic, that is, not the North), being of Irish descent, and they've been doing well. Currently, they're in a three-way tie for first in their group with Slovakia and Russia. Slovakia doesn't impress me much, but Russia is tough to beat. Russia already beat Ireland once in qualifying. There's still a few games to go, hopefully the logjam will be settles in a good way.

I agree with you, they have been doing well. Myself, being an Irishman, I'm always happy when Ireland do win, even if we don't play our best. Last night we started brilliantly, 2-0 up inside 25 minutes. But Ireland being Ireland cant hold a lead at all, and we gave up a very soft goal. Macedonia were good in the second half; we got barley any ball and they looked threatening. Our problem always has been conceding goals though. We cannot hold a lead. Usually when Ireland go behind we start to fight back, pure example is against Russia: 3-0 we came back with 2 goals, though it wasnt enough. We just need to settle down now, try to hold the leads we get. It is a tight top of the table, but I hope Ireland can dig deep and qualify.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived