DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Well, hello there

gela1212

So, first of all, to vent a little bit. The challenge question is quite annoying, because I dislike Perrin to the point that I didn't want to answer his name, and Rand would be too common (I'm a little OCD about not using common/popular things!) so I put in Matrim. Then, it said my answer was invalid, so I reread the question. Then I ran to my bookshelf, grabbed tEotW, and looked through it to see if Matrim was spelled with two t's. It isn't. Then I was wondering about it for awhile, tried spelling it with two t's anyway, then with two m's on the end. Finally, thirty minutes later, I figured I would try Mat. Of course that's the correct answer >.>

Anyway, now that that's over with, I'm a Russian-American currently living in Florida. Been a WoT fan for a while now. Basically, I was in Barnes and Noble one day, looking for a nice sci-fi book to read (I hadn't read much fantasy besides Narnia at this point, certainly no epic fantasies like WoT) I saw tEotW, thought it looked thick enough for some nice AR points (my teachers like to set ridiculously high goals for my points. Its aggravating. >.>) and decided to buy it. Of course, annoyingly, there is no information for the book on the back, front, or insides of the paperbacks (TOR! I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT THE NEW YORK TIMES SAYS, TELL ME WHAT THE BOOK IS ABOUT!) so I had a hard time getting my dad to let me buy it (he won't buy anything if I don't know I'll enjoy it/finish it) but eventually it worked, and I'm glad I didn't read the first two chapters or whatever before buying it. It starts. So. Slow. Dear god, I think it took me a month to get to page 50 because I couldn't read through the ridiculous amounts of description and relative lack of story for the first bit. But, after getting to about that point, I finished it in about two weeks, tore through tGH, then I got to tDR. Another relatively slow book for the beginning, at least in my opinion. I managed to push through it and get to tSR, at which point I went on summer break and stopped around page 300 for three months, then picked it back up, which kind of renewed my ability to get through the books in a reasonable amount of time. Currently, I'm taking a break from LoC to read NStN, trying to catch up before AMoL!

I have a few questions about the series which I will be dumping to the discussion board in a few minutes, but anyway, that's me. Hope to see ya'll around!

Archived