DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Here Be Four EXCELLENT Sci-Fi//Fantasy Series I NEVER see recommended here...

The Fisher King

alright, i've got some of them added to the recomended reading thread. these are the ones i'm still waiting on info for though :)

1. is it an Adult series, or children/teen series

2. all the books in the series

3. main title the series goes by (ie: A Song of Fire & Ice, Wheel of Time, The Stormlight Archives, ect)

below are the authors listed in this thread (underlined). if you guys could help fill in the missing pieces i'll get them up much more quickly. thanks!

1. Melanie Rawn

Series title:

- Dragon Prince

- The Star Scroll

- Sunrunner's Fire

- Stronghold

- The Dragon Token

- Skybow

2. Piers Anthony

Series Title: Bio of a Space Tyrant

3. Katherin Kertz.

Series Title: The Camber of Culdi Trilogy

4. Kathleen O'Neal

Series Title: Abyss of Light Trilogy

5. Kate Elliot

Series Title: Crossroads Trilogy

Series Title: Crown of Stars

6. Paul Kearney

Series Title: Monarchies of God

Series Title: The Macht

7. R.A. Salvatore -

Series Title: Demon War series

Series Title: First King series

alright, i've got some of them added to the recomended reading thread. these are the ones i'm still waiting on info for though :)

1. is it an Adult series, or children/teen series

2. all the books in the series

3. main title the series goes by (ie: A Song of Fire & Ice, Wheel of Time, The Stormlight Archives, ect)

below are the authors listed in this thread (underlined). if you guys could help fill in the missing pieces i'll get them up much more quickly. thanks!

1. Melanie Rawn

Series title:

- Dragon Prince

- The Star Scroll

- Sunrunner's Fire

- Stronghold

- The Dragon Token

- Skybow

2. Piers Anthony

Series Title: Bio of a Space Tyrant

3. Katherin Kertz.

Series Title: The Camber of Culdi Trilogy

4. Kathleen O'Neal

Series Title: Abyss of Light Trilogy

5. Kate Elliot

6. Paul Kearney

7. R.A. Salvatore -

Series Title: Demon War series

Series Title: First King series

Hi Red! Thanks for playing! I'll do my best! Ok, I can comment on the first four because I have read those four: 1 Melanie Rawn's - VERY adult. Lots of violence and some sex. ... 2 Anthony's Space Bio - Not as heavy but DOES have one pretty graphic rape scene that I remember ... The Culdi series - probably the lightest of the bunch. I don't recall much sex, profanity or violence. Its very good. Kinda like Martin writing of the Kingslanding politics without, well, the sex, profanity or violence, lol. ... O Neal's ''Light'' series is much darker than the Culdi books but not as ''bad'' as Rawn or Anthony's. Hope I helped!

- Fish

5. Kate Elliot

1: Spirit Gate

2: Shadow Gate

3: Traitor's Gate

1: King's Dragon

2: Prince of Dogs

3: The Burning Stone

4: Child of Flame

5: The Gathering Storm

6: In the Ruins

7: Crown of Stars

6. Paul Kearney

1: Hawkwood and the Kings (omnibus containing Hawkwood's Voyage and The Heretic Kings)

2: Century of the Soldier (omnibus containing The Iron Wars, The Second Empire and Ships From the West)

1: The Ten Thousand

2: Corvus

3: Kings of Morning

I'd say all of these were adult series, Kearney ("GRRM with guns," though Kearney's fantasy series was published first so that might be an unfair comparison) moreso than Elliott.

The 6 Rawn books are actually two trilogies. Dragon Prince,The Star Scroll, and Sunrunner's Fire make up the Dragon Prince trilogy. Stronghold, The Dragon Token, and Skybowl make up the Dragon Star trilogy.

Correct - though it was really just split for publication and marketing reasons by DAW. In terms of storyline continuity and characters, its a single six book story that you read straight through.

- Fish

Yes that is true. But you can read the second set without reading the first. While they do follow each other and share many of the same characters they contain seperate storylines and the events of the second trilogy are set several decades later than in the first. The Dragon Prince follows Rohan as he solidifies his rule. Dragon Star follows his son years later. But you are right they can be read together just fine.

Archived