DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ok new Rand is still stupid

Thor

I think the biggest flaw in Ishmael reasoning is that he assume that the dark one wants to win. since, as was pointed out in this thread, the dark one should have logically won long ago it is not that certain. maybe the dark one is just doing the same thing he did in the book of job; testing people by making their lives miserable. the people who pass the test get to reborn in a better life.

I'm pretty sure that the devil wanted to turn job against god, which would have been a win.

I think the biggest flaw in Ishmael reasoning is that he assume that the dark one wants to win. since, as was pointed out in this thread, the dark one should have logically won long ago it is not that certain. maybe the dark one is just doing the same thing he did in the book of job; testing people by making their lives miserable. the people who pass the test get to reborn in a better life.

I'm pretty sure that the devil wanted to turn job against god, which would have been a win.

maybe in Christianity. in Judaism he was just doing his job (no pun intended)

Regardless of whether or not Moridin's logic in siding with the DO is sound or fallacious, isn't he more or less leaving Rand alone until Tarmon Gai'don at this point? The only Forsaken that have messed with him directly, for a little while at least, have done so against Moridin's orders unless I'm remembering things incorrectly. When they bumped into one another in TAR, there was no conflict.

Bingo. Weather or not Moridin was capable of knowing about this moment of exposure in time to act is irrelevent. We know from his philosophical musings with Rand that he has no intention of acting against him until TG (if then).

Archived