DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moraine's third request

spoke

It's been confirmed that Mat did NOT die, and merely came very close to death. There's nothing that directly indicates that Moiraine died either; there's no reason to assume that the Finn killed her or that she died "in transit".

Matt was a bad example - I was confusing his death then undeath by balefiring Rahvin with the hanging. It was the former that the prophecy referenced, not the hanging, so my sloppiness there...

Aside from that, I didn't imply (or assume) that the Finns killed her or where exactly she died, I'm only saying that she died. She might have asked just before Lanfear killed her in finnland, we don't know yet (and hopefully we will know after AMOL...). What does indicate her death was the bond to passing to Myrelle and Lan going mad/suicidal. Both of those, along with Lan's non-madness when the bond was passed later on to Nynaeve, are what I base her death on.

We already know what two of her request were:

- the bracelet angreal

- a way out of finnland

That assumes the angreal was not her "key" too. I know that is an assumption, but there is nothing that indicates that it can function the same way Mat's "key" does.

However that still leaves her third wish. Most likely it has to be something to help with TG, but I don't have a clue what it could be.

I don't think she asked for a way out. She foresaw (whether in Rhuidean or with foreknowledge from the Stone of Tear doorway) that if she wasever going to get out it would be by Matt's, Thom's, and another unknown at the time man's assistance, not via a wish.

'How do I help rand fulfill his destiny?'

She couldn't ask questions, only request 'stuff' from them. You are thinking the wrong doorway.

I know this is lame but couldn't she technically wish for the knowledge of how to help Rand, that's a wish not a question.

Two things for certain break a warder bond::

-physical death of either

-the bond holder being severed

Though in past threads I speculated a third::

-the bond holder becoming like stuck in a different dimension

In past threads I speculated that neither of them were granted any requests because of them entering with fire.

Could you quote the passage/passages where she told of the request/requests?

Here is a LOONEY theory...What if she asked to be able to channel sadin? She was very excited to learn that it had been cleansed. And also asked about lost weaves or super powerful weaves to help in battle against other channelers (this does not touch on the dark one or TG) But this might be pointless now that Rand has finally accepted he link with Lews Therin thus gaining all of his knowledge. Anyway...I said it was looney.

We know that not only Moiraine, but Lanfear and Ishamael both have been through that same area. Lanfear should have received the same offer as well as Ishamael when he came to pick her up. I think Lanfer asked not to be killed, asked for Lews Therin to love her again or some crazy BS like that, and asked for someone to rescue her. Ishamael shows up, he gets his three wishes...who knows what he asks for? Im thinking, knowing Moiraine and her ability to plan and think ahead on a grand scale, Moiraine asked to know what Ishamael either asked for or what he received as far as information he sought. Knowing Ishamael's thoughts andplans and knowing that she'd be coming back would put the Light at a severe advantage come Last Battle.

I do feel that her asking how to save Rand is a great assumption. Kowing her character, she would feel loss for the Shepard whom she plucked out of his home and threw to the wolves. She knows the wheel weaves as it wills better than anybody, but she alone would wish that he be given some peace for all his achievements. Rand cannot live or succeed without a woman coming back from the dead, Moiraine could have very easily given him life after the Last Battle.

I would give a pretty penny to know Ishamaels requests. I think its safe to assume Lanfear just wanted to save her hide. She went into the doorway in a fit of jealous rage and probably threw the One Power around enough to reapply anger the Foxes. She may have even been denied access to the treaty. Moiraine had plenty of time to plan, she would have known right from the start where she landed and how to survive. Moridin would have come almost reluctantly to gather Lanfear and would have made time to think before entering, but Moiraine had as much as 15 years to plan that very moment. Moiraine acted and Moridin reacted, we don't often get to see a character getting a clear jump on Moridin.

Regardless, the actions taken in that tower are obviously going to prove monumental in the final book.

Archived