DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ebooks in Canada

Kelven

Heya, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I tried a forum search, and my google-fu brought up nothing.

I'm thinking of getting an ebook reader. I noticed amazon.com has the WoT books in kindle format, but amazon.ca does not. Does that mean, since I'm in Canada, I won't be able to buy the WoT ebooks? I admit I am entirely new to ebooks so I'm not too sure how stuff like this works, if there's licensing issues or if I can just pick them up off of amazon.com once I have a kindle.

Since WoT is the main reason I'd be purchasing an ebook reader (I do a lot of traveling and would rather not lug around 13 (14 in 2012!) books, half of which are hardcovers, if I can avoid it), if I can't purchase them if I live in Canada, there's really no point to spending the $120+ dollars on one.

You need not worry. Canadians can make purchases from the Amazon.com Kindle store. And your Kindle (latest generation) travels with you wherever you go (worldwide). As long as you have a wifi connection (or if you buy the 3G Kindle, whenever you're within cellular coverage - world maps available at Amazon.com), you can buy books as if you're still back home in Canada.

If it sounds like I work for Amazon, it's just because I really like my (not so new anymore) Kindle.

Archived