DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Loose Ends

Mr Hindley

I might have missed it, or might just be irrelevant, but I faintly remember Siuan had some suspicion about the age of some of the new sitters. Weren't they all to young or something? Has this already been explained? please someone direct me to the topic if so.

Revealed near the end of tGS when the White Tower Aes Sedai were deciding who would be the new Amyrlin after Elaida is captured and decide upon Egwene. The Ajah heads discuss how they handpicked young Sitters thinking they could be controlled and the Ajah heads, and not the Amrylin or Sitters, would be the true power in the WT. This also explains why the Black Ajah hunters notice the Ajah heads meeting in secret even though the Ajahs are at each other's throats.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pillow friends were prevalent well before KoD. Moiraine and Suian are revealed as pillow friends in New Spring.

Eh?!? I haven't read NS, so that's news to me, and a bit of a surprise to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that RJ was willing to show alternatives to 100% heterosexuality, but it does seem to have spiralled out of control a bit. I think it was the references to Elaida and Meidani, as well as Nicola and Areina, in KoD - characters previously seen as totally straight who now also were veering into alternative territory - that seemed to indicate things were getting a bit disproportionate.

To balance things out, I'm hoping Demandred screws up early in aMoL and becomes the latest victim of punishment-by-Shaidar-Haran-hanky-panky. It would only be fair.

Pillow friends were prevalent well before KoD. Moiraine and Suian are revealed as pillow friends in New Spring.

Eh?!? I haven't read NS, so that's news to me, and a bit of a surprise to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that RJ was willing to show alternatives to 100% heterosexuality, but it does seem to have spiralled out of control a bit. I think it was the references to Elaida and Meidani, as well as Nicola and Areina, in KoD - characters previously seen as totally straight who now also were veering into alternative territory - that seemed to indicate things were getting a bit disproportionate.

To balance things out, I'm hoping Demandred screws up early in aMoL and becomes the latest victim of punishment-by-Shaidar-Haran-hanky-panky. It would only be fair.

I always thought the whole pillow-friends thing was just a way for the novices to basically get their urges out since it probably wouldn't be okay to chase boys and get distracted from their training. It always seemed pretty innocent to me but if Jordan wanted to put real homosexuality in it too, more power to him.

Er, on that subject.. has anyone else noticed that the OP is heterosexual, but the TP is bisexual..

The One Power is a hermaphrodite!

As for loose ends, I dont think we will ever learn about Beidemon in the books, as in whether Lews Therin knew anything of him etc. Ive always liked the idea of Beidemon being Asmodean and always having been Lanfears sidekick, but of course theres nothing to back that up.

Er, on that subject.. has anyone else noticed that the OP is heterosexual, but the TP is bisexual..

As for loose ends, I dont think we will ever learn about Beidemon in the books, as in whether Lews Therin knew anything of him etc. Ive always liked the idea of Beidemon being Asmodean and always having been Lanfears sidekick, but of course theres nothing to back that up.

Beidemon is the man who helped Lanfear drill the bore, no? If so, Jordan noted that Lanfear was the only major figure from that project who went to the Shadow, and that Beidemon was reviled once the result of his work was realized (Dark One loose), and committed suicide as a result. Regardless, we know Asmodean's original name (I don't remember it, but it is in the Guide).

Beidemon is the man who helped Lanfear drill the bore, no? If so, Jordan noted that Lanfear was the only major figure from that project who went to the Shadow, and that Beidemon was reviled once the result of his work was realized (Dark One loose), and committed suicide as a result. Regardless, we know Asmodean's original name (I don't remember it, but it is in the Guide).

Asmodean's name was Joar Addam Nessosin. I think that Rand remembers it in the beginning of The Fires of Heaven.

Archived