A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

is Taim Moridin?

herid

297 members have voted

1. 1. Is Taim Moridin in disguise?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think there are so many links between Taim and Moridin: the red and black colours, the dreamspike, Taim's personal hatred of Rand, his increasing egomania and the way he gets under Rand's/ LTT's skin, his references to the "Lord of Chaos" (Moridin is Nae'Blis and Ishamael half-thought he WAS the DO), etc. etc. etc. If they aren't the same person, then he must be Moridin's most powerful Dreadlord as he trusts him with the dreamspike and hundreds of Asha'Man. No way is he Demandred, and I wanted him for years to be Demandred...

Stupid combo names for Moridin/ Taim. Moridin + Taim = Maim. better than Taridin :-)

The first two themes you mention are related directly to the Black Tower wich I feel is the biggest Pro when discussing Taim = Moridin. However, we are still lacking the neccesary information to draw a conclusion, but I will add what I think might be another fact to this theory. In chapter 5 of TOM Moridin brings Graendal to a "black stone palace." He then proceeds to take her to another room in the palace, "Moridin led her to the nearby door, set in the same black stone walls." He takes her into a room that seems to be very similiar the the storage in of that of the white tower. Only one of the forsaken could have knowledge of the white tower and contain the proper knowledge to build a very similiar tower.

Continuing the theory that Moridin resides in the black tower, in TGS chapter 15, when Rand is dreaming he visits Moridin, in a palace made of black stone. Moridin is confused and angered by Rand's presence. Moridin definately wants to keep Rand from visting him again "un-invited." Now flash-forward to the meeting I referenced above, Moridin says the other dreamspike is being put to good use. It is possible Moridin is using the Dreamspike at the place where he resides to prevent another unexpected visit from Rand (we all know the location of the other dreamspike is the Black Tower). Also, Moridin opens both gateways during the meeting maybe because they are at the place where the other dreamspike is (only he has the keys to the two of them). In past expereinces when the Forsaken have been summoned they usually still travel to the places by creating their own gateways.

This is all speculation ofcourse but I do feel that there is some merit to these facts and Moridin can def be masacrading as Taim.

Graendal pretty much immidiatly identified the land she saw outside the window as the deep blight. So unless a huge chunk of the Blight has been relocated to Andor, Moridins house/fortress/palace is not the BT.

I think its more than possible for Moridin to use the two as one fortress. I think there are doors in Taims private quarters that lead to the Blight fortress. Permanent gateways and such like.

The door/doors would probably need to be terangreal. As far as I am aware, Taim does not own (and never owned) any terangreal; except for the Seal he gave to Rand.

There seems slight chance to me for Taim wanting Rand away. And Moridin wanting Rand away seems unlikely.

The dreamspike at the Black Tower, main reason for that seems to be the forced conversions.

Taim is a new age Chosen, that is obvious in the books.

Firstly the dark one would want someone to replace the chosen killed by Rand.

Secondly we have his own direct quote "Let the Lord of Chaos Rule" - a directive only given to the chosen, not to ordinary Darkfriends.

Taim is a Chosen, being the only one so far from the New Age.

Any Forsaken besides the 13 to me seems uncertain right now.

The earliest for any new Forsaken I guess would be when each of the 13 have been one (or more) of these::

-permanently dead

-permanently turned from the Dark

-permanently incapacitated

• 1 month later...

Archived