DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who will help Rand wield Callandor?

Sundance Kid

If it was Moiraine, I think the term used would have been "Moiraine". But since the text says "a woman dead and gone", I think she saw some vague image that looked like a woman dead and gone.

Can you point to a different Viewing where a known identity is identified by a description?

The people that have access to the notes might be the only ones that know the truth about this.

Well in fairness, what other woman did Min know that was dead and more importantly, that she would recognize.

This rules out Lanfear/Cyndane as she definitely wouldn't recognize her in either body. There can be no one else except Moiriane.

Well, LTT has a slight advantage over you, that of actually living with the woman. His memories tell us that he didn't feel loved, he thought the thing she wanted most of all was power. You're within your rights to disagree, naturally, but I maintain my position.

LTT doesn't like her, and rightfully so with such a possessive woman, but my reasoning are back up by facts, none of what I listed is someone's view or feeling, only facts.

Well in fairness, what other woman did Min know that was dead and more importantly, that she would recognize.

This rules out Lanfear/Cyndane as she definitely wouldn't recognize her in either body. There can be no one else except Moiriane.

The person that fulfills any Viewing is not necessarily someone Min knows or recognizes.

I maintain that Rand wont use it for the real deal himself.

I reckon Rands role is to allow the Dark One to possess him at Shayol Ghul, Rand will do this by breaking the Seals and channeling the True Power in the Pit of Doom. The Dark One possesses him and during this time is vulnerable to mortal wounds because hes in a mortal body... Narishma, Alivia and Nynaeve will wield Callandor against Randzamon, Narishma dancing the blades against him while Alivia guides the flows to deflect the Dark Ones channeling attacks. And to end it properly Narishma needs to land a killing blow at the same time as Alivia channeling a weave that Callandor itself will deliver. The weave severs the Dark One in Rand from the rest of the Dark One as per Shaidar Harans thoughts, and Callandor kills the body at the same time without allowing another taint. The Dark One in Rand cant return to the rest, so it disolves into nothingness, yet just as Narishma landed that killing blow, Rand "moves a hairswidth" and ends up stealing Moridins body, which was in fact Taims body all along, and the fact that Moridin has been changing the face with the True Power means nobody remembers what Taims real face looked like, so Rand has his new face which nobody remembers and he can then get on the boat with his harem and live as peaceful a life as can be had with so many kids on the way.

I seem to recall some member quoting Robert Jordan telling that channeling the True Power near Shayol Ghul would destroy the channeler and perhaps the people around him/her.

Do not remember the exact quote nor the thread or member.

Archived