DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT Warcraft 3 map/campaign

algspkr

Ok so I have been wanting to make a Wheel of Time campaign in Warcraft 3 for sometime, but the programming and art are a bit beond me, the art is more of an issue in the long run I think. So if anyone is able to help please let me know.

I've actually been working on a LoTR-style (Units spawn at regular intervals depending on the amount of buildings you have) WoT map for Wc3 for some time now (It's been shelved, though, seeing as I have too much stuff to do these days), however, for art, well, I'm not sure if there's any artists around these days, although I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have a good artist (You could just use the WoT map, or maybe ask to borrow a picture of one of the character, or perhaps the Great Serpent, etc, etc), for the title screen, and, when you get down to it, modelling entirely new units, or face art is a task more suited to an actualy game.

The Wc3 models and faces should suit your purposes, (Although pulling off a decent WoT map without TFT will be difficult), but I've got a bit of experience triggering, and there's plenty of mappers around willing to give advice to newbie mappers everywhere.

It really depends on what you're doing, though. Do you want to make a WoT campaign that follows the story?

I am planning on following the story as closely as I can. And I can make the actaul maps (I think), I am trying to just base them off of the maps in the books. The loading screen art should not be an issue, the is a ton of stuff out there that I can just barrow. But I do not know of a unit that would be an acceptable Aiel for example.

Ah, yes. I've actually been planning to play that, I just haven't got round to it. (I found it before I installed TFT, s'all)

algspkr, if you're still interested, I can certainly help you out with a bit of triggering.

Ok I think I have hit an impass. I do not know how much work it will be, but if it is not too much could you create a map with the "heros" for my first installment please. The ones I need at present are Rand, Thom, Mat, Fain, Perrin, Egwene, Moiraine and Lan. I believe that I can do the abilities, but building them to start is a bit over my head.

And I have completed a map of the Two Rivers, the major locations mentioned in the series are in, although it is not 100%, if someone can give me the means to I will post the base map somewhere.

Ok I think I have hit an impass. I do not know how much work it will be' date=' but if it is not too much could you create a map with the "heros" for my first installment please.[/quote']

I can help you with triggering, and the how of doing stuff, but, to be able to create maps, you're going to need to be able to create units from the ground-up by yourself. It's something that you'll need to do all the time, so, in all honesty, I think it's better that you blunder through, and figure out how to do it on your own. If you need help with any of the fields, or how they work, however, I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Archived