• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

It's meh... XD The idea of NationStates is kind of cool, but there's not actually that much to do on it, just kind of check in every day or two and resolve the issues that come up (like deciding whether or not voting should be mandatory, or even allowed at all; or deciding whether or not to boost funding for the military) and that's all there is to it...unless you join a region with a forum and representatives and stuff like that where you can interact with other people.

I have two nations on there; one's a...lemme check....right now it's classified as a "Father Knows Best State" (I'm totally going crazy with what stances I adopt on the issues)...and the other one is...a "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise." More consistent with that one. XD

It is, really. Just not enough to hold attention for very long, probably. Though there are tons of people on it, so it's obviously fun for some people. :tongue:

The issues I voted on today in my crazy one....were.... "Organic Outburst"

The Issue

After a recent left-wing broadsheet exposé of agricultural practices, an outburst of public paranoia has stirred up the organic foods debate.

The Debate

1. "I just can't stomach it any more," rants concerned parent Stefanie Silk. "My children's future is being put at risk by irresponsible corporate practices. We must outlaw the use of pesticides and additives by farmers and food producers."

2. "I've heard enough of this treehugging, lefty nonsense," argues corporate spokesman Finlay Peters. "The agricultural industry needs to use the most advanced technology available, it's the only way to keep DarthSquirrely competitive in food production. Besides, the studies we have commissioned prove that only a very small number of child deaths are due to our products, and surely that's an acceptable rate in the name of progress?"

3. "Stop torturing Mother Earth!" yells outraged environmental extremist Buy Bronte. "Are we prepared to sacrifice our planet and our souls for the sake of a few extra chitaics? If we hope to live in harmony with the environment that nurtures and protects us, we must ban all industries that pollute our world. Let us return to the trees, my brothers!"

And "Immigrants Import Homeland Rivalries."

The Issue

After a series of bloody wars between the nations of Maxtopia and North Bigtopia, fights have broken out in the streets between immigrants in DarthSquirrely who came from the warring nations.

The Debate

1. "Foreigners are a major cause of civil disturbances," begins Al Obama, whose opinions form the book '101 Arguments FOR Slavery'. "What we should do is make all immigrants, foreigners, and non-native DarthSquirrely folks slaves! I mean, who in DarthSquirrely wouldn't like a minority slave group to do his bidding? Imagine! People could be bought and sold over the Internet!"

2. "I am shocked and appalled at what my colleague is suggesting!" exclaims Jack Silk, President of the Civil Rights Union of DarthSquirrely. "Slavery? We should punish these offenders, yes, but send them to rehabilitation centres instead! As for the ethnic squabbles, programs in school should begin to stop these racist attitudes in childhood! All it will take is some slight fortification to the education budget!"

3. A quiet old man stands up to speak. "Now, I may be a quiet old man, but I believe that these ethnic disputes are none of the government's business. It's not our war anyway, so it's not our problem. I'm sure if you leave it alone, it'll work itself out. Just think of the money that would be saved if the police don't have to be paid to deal with this!"

4. "It's not our war? It's not our war?" cries (in)famous DarthSquirrely-born fascist Zeke Chen. "Well maybe it's time it became our war! DarthSquirrely should take a more active, and by 'active' I mean 'hostile', role in international politics! This ethnic squabbling will be over when the war is over, and WE can end that war and purge the impure! Duc, sequere, aut de via decede! Sieg DarthSquirrely!"