• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

I can eat regularly at the moment, since I don't have a job, yeah. XD

I like the idea of a fast once every month (it's for spiritual purposes), I just have a hard time lasting that long.... I know some diabetics who want to fast, though, and I think they've found their own variations, like giving up a favorite food or something like that for the duration of the "fast."

It might be worth my while to get one of those glucometers anyway, so I can determine if it's all in my head or not... XD Also, I'm sure we could use one around the house anyway. So many members of the family, it's bound to come in handy at SOME point.

Yuppers. I struggled with that a lot in high school. Wanting to be one of those hot girls that guys salivated after.... Or even just attractive, ya know? (note, I'm not saying I think myself unattractive at the moment, just that I felt that way at the time)

I'd always rage about the unfairness of it all and wonder how much "better" life would be if I had a normal, functioning thyroid.

Pretty much over it, now. Sometimes I feel sad, but mostly I've accepted it, and I'm even somewhat grateful. I wouldn't be who I am today if not for this condition, and I may have gotten into a lot of trouble with boys if I had been as attractive as I wanted to be. XD

I feel like fairness is something that is best left to do with our own actions/feelings/thoughts toward others. And even then, people tend to think of it as "what someone deserves," which isn't quite right, because that requires judgment, and it's not our place to judge. It's more like, be fair-minded. Be willing to give everyone a chance and don't close your mind to ideas you haven't allowed yourself to actually hear. Kind of like that.

i was thinking more about the concept of, "that's not fair," in a personal sense. what we think is fair to ourselves. whether we think there is such a thing as fair to ourselves.

in school, we never learned a hebrew word for "fair." we were american kids, though, so we would use the english word, saying, "zeh lo fair," meaning, "that's not fair."

but it seemed that the concept didn't even exist in hebrew.

and i wonder if it's like that in other cultures. maybe some people never think about whether life, the universe, and everything is fair. maybe what is just is.

Yeah, I just meant that I feel that the idea of fairness shouldn't really extend beyond what I described above. Because the whole concept of "that's not fair. Life's not fair." is based on judgments. What we feel we deserve, as opposed to what we get. And I think life is a lot happier if you don't concentrate on what you "deserve," but rather what you've been given. Make the best of what you've got, and don't think it's incongruous with what you "should" have, because there's no "shoulds" and "shouldn'ts" about it.... It's just what is.

you have to be willing to let it go to get her to do it. if you can live with just keeping your own space clean and let the rest of it go, you may be able to negotiate this. but if you can;t, and you;re gonna clean it as soon as it bothers you... it's always gonna be way before it bothers her, and she's never going to take responsibility for it.

she doesn't have to. and she knows it.

it's a human thing. path of least resistance.

Edited by cindy