• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

so.. who wants to talk about the Cold war? XD Got an exam on it and best revision method I find is to discuss with someone instead of boring-ly reading it in your own time. that's a good way to get in the mood for suicide. :(

what about it, specifically?

nothing specifically. decolonisation, destalinisation, detention period, krouchtchev vs kennedy, cuban crisis, berlin wall, dissolution of the ussr, iron curtain. so many things about it! they're all quite interesting actually which makes learning about them less dull heh

so.. who wants to talk about the Cold war? XD Got an exam on it and best revision method I find is to discuss with someone instead of boring-ly reading it in your own time. that's a good way to get in the mood for suicide. :(

nothing specifically. decolonisation, destalinisation, detention period, krouchtchev vs kennedy, cuban crisis, berlin wall, dissolution of the ussr, iron curtain. so many things about it! they're all quite interesting actually which makes learning about them less dull heh

ah... historical specifics... i mostly can't help you there, it wasn't histoy yet while iw as learning history. i can recommend blast from the past and dr strangelove and fail safe and red dawn a bunch of other great movies and less great ones... and books like the history of world war III and history of the future and a canticle for liebowitz and... yeah, you've read them for the class no doubt...

all i remember is we really believed one night we'd go to sleep and not wake up because we completely bought the mutually assured destruction propaganda, though looking back on it, i'm not sure it was really set up to go on a hair trigger like they said... bt we ducked and covered and drilled and were scared, and that fear ruled us, and after it was over there was a short scramble to find a new fear to rule us, but we've got a few good ones now.

i don;t suppose that's much help for a test.

i think you should probably just do the reading...

Smiley did I actually tell you how I got on earlier? I meant to but I think I forgot :laugh:

you mean the scores? no you didn't tell me

Well we beat a fairly rubbish team 6-2 (I scored four :D) and nearly drew with that team containing two pros I remember telling you about (which is why I wanted to tell you :laugh:), they scored in the last minute to beat us 2-1 after I'd equalised a couple of minutes before

awwww, well done for getting that close though

Now tomatoes I can eat

no.png

I don't like teh tomatoes, lettuce is fine though

XD

Is ok. I'll eat all teh tomatoeses :)

I just remembered that I had blackberry jam a couple days ago, that was VAIR nice

Nicer than apricot? :)

I didn't taste their apricot jam, but yes, it tasted nicer than my usual apricot jam

ah... historical specifics... i mostly can't help you there, it wasn't histoy yet while iw as learning history. i can recommend blast from the past and dr strangelove and fail safe and red dawn a bunch of other great movies and less great ones... and books like the history of world war III and history of the future and a canticle for liebowitz and... yeah, you've read them for the class no doubt...

all i remember is we really believed one night we'd go to sleep and not wake up because we completely bought the mutually assured destruction propaganda, though looking back on it, i'm not sure it was really set up to go on a hair trigger like they said... bt we ducked and covered and drilled and were scared, and that fear ruled us, and after it was over there was a short scramble to find a new fear to rule us, but we've got a few good ones now.

it was interesting to hear about though

Now tomatoes I can eat

no.png

I don't like teh tomatoes, lettuce is fine though

XD

Is ok. I'll eat all teh tomatoeses :)

I just remembered that I had blackberry jam a couple days ago, that was VAIR nice

Nicer than apricot? :)

I didn't taste their apricot jam, but yes, it tasted nicer than my usual apricot jam

but apricot jam is the best jam of all... except hot pepper jam perhaps...

it was interesting to hear about though

it's a great cinematic theme, they capture that part of it really well... they probably helped create that part of it...

Smiley did I actually tell you how I got on earlier? I meant to but I think I forgot :laugh:

Well we beat a fairly rubbish team 6-2 (I scored four :D) and nearly drew with that team containing two pros I remember telling you about (which is why I wanted to tell you :laugh:), they scored in the last minute to beat us 2-1 after I'd equalised a couple of minutes before

Thanks :) the real big game is tomorrow though, teachers v pupils

Thanks :) the real big game is tomorrow though, teachers v pupils

I can only imagine