• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

The...rope?? :unsure:

awwwww, I was hoping you would catch the LotR reference

Sam forgets to pack in rope before the party leave the Shire and regrets his decision until hw gets some rope from nice elveses

You never know when you might have to jump over a chasm in a cave

exactly - learn from Sam, always bring rope along

Ahhh yess :laugh:

Smiley are you a perfectionist? I ask because I saw you describe a 90% mark as 'fine' :laugh:

I don't consider myself one, I just mean that I always want more MOAR because I think that I can get more. As of yet I have not gotten 100% for an exam, I've gotten close but not yet achieved it, so I've made that my aim to achieve before the end of matric in September next year.

You have no idea of how the guy who comes 1st in our grade lambastes himself for a sub-90

I know a couple of guys like that too, they get results so fair enough

I'm only like that at football, never happy unless we win 10-0 and I score five or something daft and even then not always

do they scrounge for marks as well?

So you do understand - it's not that the mark is bad, it's just that I know that a could achieve better, and pushing myself to get that mark isn't going to do anything bad to me

Oh I understand totally, I wasn't implying its a bad thing, not when I do it too, but in a different area

Yeah they do, get told their mark of 96% or something, first thing they ask is 'where did I lose the marks?'

meh I do that too, scrounging in my definition is not just wanting to know where you lost your marks but looking for a way to persuade the teacher to give you the marks you lost. When this guy got his English exam back and was told that there wouldn't be any queries allowed his face literally went blank, I've never seen him that bleak before

Yeah they do that too, in our proper exams they get sent away to be marked so you can't haggle with the marker

Samwise is amazing btw.

Well I am leaving for now and wont be back till some of you are sleepin prolly so bye bye! And premptive good night to those who go to sleep before I get back.

Oh and sneaky sneaky more often Ayla :D

cheers Lenlo, and Samwise is more of a hero in LotR than Frodo ever was

Films yes perhaps, books no not in my opinion

I haven't watched the films yet, and it's too late to argue my point of view with you in depth. Basically my point involves Sam sticking with Frodo through all his ring induced madness, and serving his master throughout the entire book series without one waver or doubt, Sam basically carries Frodo thorugh all of Mordor and as we all know from Boromir, that is not a task one does simply...

Smiley are you a perfectionist? I ask because I saw you describe a 90% mark as 'fine' :laugh:

I don't consider myself one, I just mean that I always want more MOAR because I think that I can get more. As of yet I have not gotten 100% for an exam, I've gotten close but not yet achieved it, so I've made that my aim to achieve before the end of matric in September next year.

You have no idea of how the guy who comes 1st in our grade lambastes himself for a sub-90

I know a couple of guys like that too, they get results so fair enough

I'm only like that at football, never happy unless we win 10-0 and I score five or something daft and even then not always

do they scrounge for marks as well?

So you do understand - it's not that the mark is bad, it's just that I know that a could achieve better, and pushing myself to get that mark isn't going to do anything bad to me

Oh I understand totally, I wasn't implying its a bad thing, not when I do it too, but in a different area

Yeah they do, get told their mark of 96% or something, first thing they ask is 'where did I lose the marks?'

meh I do that too, scrounging in my definition is not just wanting to know where you lost your marks but looking for a way to persuade the teacher to give you the marks you lost. When this guy got his English exam back and was told that there wouldn't be any queries allowed his face literally went blank, I've never seen him that bleak before

Yeah they do that too, in our proper exams they get sent away to be marked so you can't haggle with the marker

proper exams meaning end of school career or just normal exams

I HAZ JUST HAD HORRIBLE NEWS…Mum’s packing the laptop and taking it down the mountain to the car this afternoon :sad: So no moar spamming tonight :O

Bye byes Nya and if I don't see you tomorrow then Bon Voyage, have a great flight and a great time in Chile

Samwise is amazing btw.

Well I am leaving for now and wont be back till some of you are sleepin prolly so bye bye! And premptive good night to those who go to sleep before I get back.

Oh and sneaky sneaky more often Ayla :D

cheers Lenlo, and Samwise is more of a hero in LotR than Frodo ever was

Films yes perhaps, books no not in my opinion

I haven't watched the films yet, and it's too late to argue my point of view with you in depth. Basically my point involves Sam sticking with Frodo through all his ring induced madness, and serving his master throughout the entire book series without one waver or doubt, Sam basically carries Frodo thorugh all of Mordor and as we all know from Boromir, that is not a task one does simply...

I realise that, I just think Frodo's resolve to carry on with it, and start it in the first place, despite almost certain death and madness, is very admirable, especially as it would have been easy to take the easy life in Rivendell. Aragorn trumps them all though imo. You should give the films a go, I love them. I'm a massive fan of the books and apart from a few things I was very satisified with how true they stayed to them, and the changes they did I could understand for the most part

are you away to Chile soon Nya?

Veeeery early tomorrow morning, that's tomorrow night for you guys :)

Hmm, I hopes yoo has nice flight and Chile times before le Internet returns if I no see you tomorrow :)

Thank'oo :happy: Good luck wiv teh next exams!!!!! :wub:

Merci Percy Twinny :)

I think I'm going to call it a night, cheers everyone, nya on your trip to Chile, Ayla to possibly be kidnapped by exambeasties and roo, who doesn't seem to be going anywhere in the next day or two, or maybe he is going to check out his flat...

First XV rugby game tomorrow against Bosch, that might get messy...

I HAZ JUST HAD HORRIBLE NEWS…Mum’s packing the laptop and taking it down the mountain to the car this afternoon :sad: So no moar spamming tonight :O

Bye byes Nya and if I don't see you tomorrow then Bon Voyage, have a great flight and a great time in Chile

hehe it's only midday here I still haz some hours...but thank yoo anyway :)

eek I haz to post my LoA's everywhere >.<

Cool :) let us all know when you get there!

Oookeydokey I shall, if I finds teh internetz at an airport or something :)

Don't feel obliged to go out of your way to update us :laugh:

Have a nice flight and have lots of fun :)

Cool :) let us all know when you get there!

Oookeydokey I shall, if I finds teh internetz at an airport or something :)

Don't feel obliged to go out of your way to update us :laugh:

Have a nice flight and have lots of fun :)

Thanks. Hahaha ooh no I think it'll be me who won't be able to keep my LoA and go HUNTING for free wifi hotspots! XD